PDA

View Full Version : 4e Adventure Path: "War of the Burning Sky" Level 1-30 Thursday

EugeneZ
May 3rd, 2009, 06:20
Hello everyone. My thursday group is starting the upcoming "War of the Burning Sky" adventure path in the next month or two and we are looking for a fifth player. A sixth may join us at some point in the future but no more than that (and no less than five). This Adventure Path was originally written for 3.5e and has gotten very, very favorable reviews. I've run Scales of War and based on an overview it looks like EnWorld Publishing learned from the mistakes made by WotC.

We are very forgiving to those new to 4e and Fantasy Grounds, but we *do* love the 4e rules and follow them closely. This Adventure Path is definitely more RP-heavy than your typical 4e stuff, and we RP entirely within the chat box. We use Skype for combat actions and discussions in order to speed things up.

We will be playing on Thursdays at 7 PM EST, going til at least 11 PM EST, possibly later. If you absolutely can't go that late, we may be able to switch it to 6PM-10PM EST, send me a PM anyway. It sounds like we need to play on Thursday, but if you feel like you would be an AWESOME player for us to have, you may be able to convince us... but don't be offended if it isn't possible. :)

We're definitely looking for a new friend here, so expect to become part of a group that loves to chatter about games and other nonsense going on in our lives (but we keep that to a minimum during the game). We're between 22-29 years of age, and we, uh, don't exactly watch our tongues, so be prepared for some potentially offensive dialogue, since we're extremely care-free about that sort of thing. We'd probably prefer someone near or in that age group but mostly because we're more likely to share interests. We've never turned away players based on age.

That should be everything! Keep in mind we're going to be very picky, so don't take offense if I turn you down or put you on hold. We're going to be playing together for a year and a half (the average length of an adventure path) and we'll need to take our time making up our minds.

Feel free to post questions here so I only need to answer them once, but if you want to apply please send a PM. Be sure to include your Skype name (if you don't have it, its free) so that we can chat. Maybe you can sit in on one of our other games or maybe we'll play a "trial" game or what have you.

Cadilon
May 5th, 2009, 19:45
Hello. I sent a PM and just wanted to make sure you received it. Thanks.

Ebonscarab
May 6th, 2009, 01:04
Hi there.
I'd like to join as well if possible.

I sent a PM. :)

EugeneZ
May 6th, 2009, 01:38
Hi folks, thanks for the PMs! I've gotten a ton, but we have about a month before we start so I'm going to be taking my time selecting someone. Unfortunately I'm going to have to turn all but one of you down. It almost makes me want to start another group because everyone is deserving and eager to play. But I don't have the time. :( Luckily, 4e is a popular system and there are often DMs looking for players here.

I'll have to settle on one person at some point, so I'll probably shoot out an occassional PM to get more info. Anyone who's interested, feel free to PM if it's not the end of May yet. Those who have ALREADY PMed, I should have replied by now, so if I have not, either I somehow missed it or the PM didn't go through, please try again.

EugeneZ
May 16th, 2009, 19:39
We're STILL looking for players but the "deadline" is looming. Send me a PM if you are interested. We plan to start next Thursday. For those folks that sent PMs, yours are still very much being considered, we're just trying to find as wide a pool to choose from as possible.

EugeneZ
May 18th, 2009, 07:03
Okay, folks, we're no longer accepting applications, thanks to everyone who applied. Good luck and happy gaming.