PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds: Hellfrost

VenomousFiligree
May 2nd, 2009, 18:19
Anyone interested in playing the Savage Worlds Hellfrost adventure Lair of the Vermin Lord?

I'm UK based, so currently GMT+1. 2000 onwards would be the best time for me.

MB

RiverRat
May 2nd, 2009, 18:49
I would. Will you be using the pre-gens off the TAG site?

I'm good for Fridays starting at that time till 10pm CDT (GMT-5). Also Sundays afternoons. As well as most nights after work which is about 6:30.

VenomousFiligree
May 2nd, 2009, 18:59
I would. Will you be using the pre-gens off the TAG site?.The pre-gens can be used or you can create your own.

I'm good for Fridays starting at that time till 10pm CDT (GMT-5). Also Sundays afternoons. As well as most nights after work which is about 6:30.Friday sounds doable, however 1830 CDT would be 0030 BST, so a bit too late I think.

RiverRat
May 2nd, 2009, 19:26
Looking back I could have worded that a bit better. I've never been any good with time zones more that an hour or two apart.

20:00 your time is 2:00 here. Which is about the time i get home from work on Fridays. Hopefully we are on same page (or time) now ;)

myrsolon
May 5th, 2009, 08:17
I'd be interested in giving it a try though I don't have any of the Hellfrost books.

Beechbum
May 5th, 2009, 16:17
I am interested. I am on EDT which is GMT -5 I think. I am available any time on Sundays. I am not familair with Savage Worlds other then the little I've read online. I have played many different systems though so I am sure I can adapt quickly, and I am willing to buy any books I may need.

VenomousFiligree
May 5th, 2009, 17:30
Ok 3 interested, 2 with a preference for Sunday afternoon, how does this time (ignore the date) (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=5&day=5&year=2009&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=136) sound?

Beechbum, take a look at the Test Drive rules available here (https://www.peginc.com/Downloads/SWEX/TD06.pdf).

myrsolon, shouldn't be a problem if you don't have the books.

One of the main differences with Hellfrost is magic, there being no Power Points.

MB

myrsolon
May 5th, 2009, 18:48
Does it work like the Solomon Kane magic system? It's easy enough to bypass, I can just make a character that doesn't have an arcane background.

VenomousFiligree
May 5th, 2009, 18:54
Does it work like the Solomon Kane magic system? It's easy enough to bypass, I can just make a character that doesn't have an arcane background.

The spells are pretty much as is, without power points, however the backlash table has been modified so that there is a chance to temporarily or permanently lose your magic skill. this is called the Syphoning.

Sample PCs can be found here (https://tripleacegames.com/Downloads/HellFrost/hellfrost_pre-gen_characters.pdf), which you can use if you want.

Sid
May 6th, 2009, 12:07
I'm interested too!

Unfortunately I can't do Sundays (I DM an Eberron campaign then). If everyone is happy to game a different night that would be great but if not no problems.

I'm in London so we'll be in the same timezone. I have the books and I can generate my own character. I'm new to FG and SWEX but I got the books so I'll get myself up to speed.

I've just moved so I'm without internet until Friday the 8th (assuming no problems with BT and my broadband provider).

I'll check in then to see what the word is.

Cheers,

Sid

Beechbum
May 6th, 2009, 15:22
Actually a GM running DnD 4e got back to me yesterday and I have committed to his campaign starting in 3 weeks. I am very familiar w/ DnD and since I am new to VTT I think it will be an easier transition for me., than playing a new system in a new format. Sorry and thank you

Shaar
May 6th, 2009, 16:11
Definitely interested. I'm GMT +2, well +3 now with the daylight saving thing so... yeah definitely interested.

VenomousFiligree
May 6th, 2009, 16:30
OK, howabout we go back to 2000 GMT Friday, how does that suit everyone?

Shaar
May 7th, 2009, 09:37
That's just fine for me.

Sid
May 8th, 2009, 12:20
How many sessions would you guess the adventure will take?

Fridays should be ok with me assuming we are just doing the one adventure (I wont be able to swing Fridays for the long term). Let me know how many sessions you think it will take and I'll try to fee up my Fridays (I'll need to pull-off some serious diplomacy with my fiancee).

No internet connection yet (I'm in a cafe) but hopefully later today.

VenomousFiligree
May 8th, 2009, 19:49
It will probably take 3 to 4 sessions.

I may not be able to make consecutive sessions due to my job, but we should be able to manage over, say 4 to 6 weeks.

RiverRat
May 8th, 2009, 20:58
That's cool with me. How many people have shown interest? Would you be looking to start next Friday (the 15th)?

RR

VenomousFiligree
May 8th, 2009, 22:24
So far, for a Friday session: RiverRat, Sid and Shaar have shown an interest.

myrsolon has also shown an interest, as has Giddoen (on the TAG forums) but no times have been mentioned.

I could do the 15th, but probably wouldn't be able to do the 22nd, 29th should be OK.

MB

Sid
May 11th, 2009, 12:19
Hey guys,

Still no internet connection on my end thanks to BT (its a new build flat so there seems to be some wiring issues). Hopefully I'll have a connection by the 15th but I can't say for sure. I'll let you know when its up but if you want to continue on without me this Friday I'll understand :cry:

Also, I still need to purchase a copy of FG and get up to speed (I watched a video a few weeks ago and it looks easy).

Cheers,

Sid

Sid
May 13th, 2009, 10:59
My broadband is back (and faster than ever; 10Mbps on speedtest.net!). I'll pick-up a copy of FG today or tomorrow.

VenomousFiligree
May 15th, 2009, 11:12
As no-one has confirmed that they are ready to start today, I'm assuming its not happening. However, I can have the server up to sort out PCs, any connection issues or anything else.

Phil

Sid
May 15th, 2009, 12:38
I'm having problems with the SWEX ruleset for FG2 (I'm getting various script errors in the console). I'm not sure if I need the ruleset installed as a player though (do I?).

I'm game for testing a connection tonight and getting character gen done. I have no idea what to play but I'll come up with a character concept before I logon. I'm new to SWEX, FG and Hellfrost so I'll keep it basic.

Sid

VenomousFiligree
May 15th, 2009, 12:54
Sid, no the ruleset is not required to play, you'll download it from me.

edit:
I'll have the server up by 1900 BST (1800 GMT), I'll PM the alias.

VenomousFiligree
May 27th, 2009, 22:28
We good to go this Friday?

RiverRat
May 27th, 2009, 22:55
Absolutely.

Sid
May 28th, 2009, 09:15
Yep. I've made some minor alterations to my character which I have saved locally (I have the SWEX ruleset installed). Will I be able to replace the character I created on your machine with the one I have locally?

Sid

VenomousFiligree
May 28th, 2009, 09:27
Yep. I've made some minor alterations to my character which I have saved locally (I have the SWEX ruleset installed). Will I be able to replace the character I created on your machine with the one I have locally?

Sid
Should be ok

VenomousFiligree
May 28th, 2009, 21:27
What start time 1900 GMT (click here for your time (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=5&day=29&year=2009&hour=19&min=0&sec=0&p1=0)) or 2000 GMT (click here for your time (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=5&day=29&year=2009&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=0)) Friday?

RiverRat
May 28th, 2009, 21:36
I'm good with either one of those times. I would prefer the 1900 GMT, as I have to leave at 6pm (2300 GMT) to go to another game. That would give us a good 4 hours.

Sid
May 28th, 2009, 22:09
I can do both but prefer 1900 GMT as well.

VenomousFiligree
May 29th, 2009, 20:01
1900 its is!

VenomousFiligree
May 31st, 2009, 20:43
Please post dates available for next session. :)

Sid
May 31st, 2009, 21:30
If we're sticking to Fridays only, my next free one is June 12th.

If we made an exception this week and played on Thursday the 4th I would be able to swing that.

Mask_of_winter
June 1st, 2009, 01:40
Same day and time as last time would work perfectly for me. Any other weekday except Tuesday from 20:15 GMT +1 could work if that's what everybody else is going with.

RiverRat
June 2nd, 2009, 15:32
Fridays are the only weekday I can make the 1900 GMT time. I am good for continuing this Friday (the 5th) or waiting till the 12th so that everyone is there.

BTW, have you heard from Uziel? (We could really use the healer, which I am more than willing to switch to if needed.)

RR

Badgers
June 2nd, 2009, 16:08
Hi, I can make this Friday or next, same time start.

VenomousFiligree
June 2nd, 2009, 16:08
Fridays are the only weekday I can make the 1900 GMT time. I am good for continuing this Friday (the 5th) or waiting till the 12th so that everyone is there.

BTW, have you heard from Uziel? (We could really use the healer, which I am more than willing to switch to if needed.)

RR
Nothing heard no :(

The choices I see are:
1) Someone changes PCs
2) Someone controls twp PCs
3) The healer joins the party as an extra

So everyone plays, shall we say next Friday (12th) same time?

Sid
June 2nd, 2009, 19:57
Yep, looking forward to it! Thanks for delaying the game on my behalf.

Mask_of_winter
June 2nd, 2009, 21:16
Next Friday (12th) works for me.

Sid
June 4th, 2009, 10:41
I'm set to start Lair of the Vermin Lord as GM on Monday July 6th (tabletop in London, UK). Obviously, I want to hold off from reading the adventure until we finish. We should have it completed before then don't ya think?

VenomousFiligree
June 8th, 2009, 17:33
I would like to think we'll be finished by then!

Shall we use skype for this Friday?

Sid
June 8th, 2009, 17:38
yep, I'm up for skype. btw, uk games expo was great! I managed to play plenty of Hellfrost.

VenomousFiligree
June 8th, 2009, 17:46
yep, I'm up for skype. btw, uk games expo was great! I managed to play plenty of Hellfrost.
Cool, did you get to see any of the new books?

Sid
June 8th, 2009, 18:05
nope. the new books are at the printers (Studio 2 in the US). It's looking like an August or September release.

I did manage to play some of the adventures in X1: Tales from the Hearth. Also, N3: Shadows of Darkness is due out next week (I'm sure that's what Robin told me.... said he had to wrap it up this week).

RiverRat
June 8th, 2009, 18:56
MurghBpurn:

Shall we use skype for this Friday?

I think that would be a good idea.

In regards to a healer.

MurghBpurn:

The choices I see are:
1) Someone changes PCs
2) Someone controls twp PCs
3) The healer joins the party as an extra

I would be more that willing to do the this. My second choice was the dwaren healer anyway.

RR

VenomousFiligree
June 12th, 2009, 17:10
Next session, 2000 BST (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=6&day=12&year=2009&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=1036) tonight!

Sid
June 12th, 2009, 17:16
cool. looking forward to it.

RiverRat
June 17th, 2009, 16:46
Do we have a game session this Friday (19th)? Or are we going every two weeks?

RR

VenomousFiligree
June 17th, 2009, 16:47
Tried to rearrange duties, but to no avail, so next session Friday 26th

Edit
Wow! how's that for a quick answer!

RiverRat
June 17th, 2009, 19:05
It's almost as if you were answering the question before I was done asking it ;)

glacius
June 24th, 2009, 18:29
Guys would it be cool for me to join your campaign, i know savage worlds and fg2

VenomousFiligree
June 24th, 2009, 18:53
I don't have a problem, we have a spare PC, a dwarven rune healer, if your interested? Or the party could bump into another traveller on the road?

glacius
June 24th, 2009, 19:39
oooooh cool, i like the bump into a new traveler. let me know so i can get the books.

VenomousFiligree
June 26th, 2009, 14:23
Sorry to call off at short notice guys, but my wife has just had to go on a long distance trip, and I'm on my own with the kids. Next Friday should be OK as the kids should be used to her being away by then.

Phil

RiverRat
June 26th, 2009, 14:57
Thank's for the heads up about today. Unforunately, I won't make it next Friday as I be traveling for Independence day weekend. We could reconvine the 10th, if that is ok with everyone.

RR

Sid
June 26th, 2009, 16:42
I'll be running this adventure for a group here in London by then but I guess I can take a back seat during the decision making.

Sid

glacius
June 27th, 2009, 13:52
Gives me time for my char concept

VenomousFiligree
July 2nd, 2009, 10:02
So is everyone happy, we play next session on 10th instead of the 3rd?

Badgers
July 2nd, 2009, 10:29
Sounds good to me!

Sid
July 2nd, 2009, 14:19
Yep, that's ok with me.

VenomousFiligree
July 6th, 2009, 13:37
So next session wil be Friday 1900 GMT (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=7&day=10&year=2009&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=1036), can all players please confirm if you'll be attending!

Thanks

Phil :)

Mask_of_winter
July 7th, 2009, 00:32
I'll be there!

Sid
July 7th, 2009, 11:40
Yep. Friday 8pm UK time. got it.

RiverRat
July 7th, 2009, 13:51
I'll be there as well.

Sid
July 9th, 2009, 11:24
Sorry guys, but it's looking like I'll have to bow out of the game.

I didn't expect it to continue past June and it's difficult to free-up my Fridays, especially this month. I hate to be one of those players that doesn't see an adventure through but Fridays were always a difficult day for me to clear for gaming.

Hale is a very basic build so you guys shouldn't have any problems running him along side your other characters (Don't forget his First Strike edge!).

Thanks Phil for all the effort you made in the adventure, and thanks for being my first Savage GM! You'll be happy to hear I've taken the ruleset to 6 new players so Savage Worlds is spreading like an infectious disease.

If you guys are planning anymore one-shot savage adventures on a Tuesday or Thursday, let me know!

All the best,

Sid

Badgers
July 9th, 2009, 11:55
I'll be there on Friday.

Sorry to see you go Sid, perhaps we'll see you on one of those other nights.

glacius
July 9th, 2009, 12:27
Will be ready GM could put the server up today so I can finish my char

Also what time would that be in the US EST friday

VenomousFiligree
July 9th, 2009, 15:39
The server is up. :)

Click the link in post 61 for the time in your area.

Phil

VenomousFiligree
July 9th, 2009, 20:27
Sorry guys, but it's looking like I'll have to bow out of the game.

I didn't expect it to continue past June and it's difficult to free-up my Fridays, especially this month. I hate to be one of those players that doesn't see an adventure through but Fridays were always a difficult day for me to clear for gaming.

Hale is a very basic build so you guys shouldn't have any problems running him along side your other characters (Don't forget his First Strike edge!).

Thanks Phil for all the effort you made in the adventure, and thanks for being my first Savage GM! You'll be happy to hear I've taken the ruleset to 6 new players so Savage Worlds is spreading like an infectious disease.

If you guys are planning anymore one-shot savage adventures on a Tuesday or Thursday, let me know!

All the best,

Sid
No worries, I'm glad you enjoyed what you played. Scheduling sessions is always problematic! :)

VenomousFiligree
July 10th, 2009, 18:10
OK, could only be 3 tonight: Badgers, RiverRat and Mask_of_Winter, glacius wasn't on last night and still hasn't gen'ed a PC. There is a combat at the end, so party composition will be important! :hurt:

glacius
July 10th, 2009, 18:33
I apologize, I really want to play but after getting the right time conversion, the game is at 3pm EST, I dont get off work until 5pm.

Mask_of_winter
July 10th, 2009, 23:10
sorry guys... power outage in the neighbourhood... arrrghh!!