PDA

View Full Version : Players can't see CoC Portraits

defector
May 1st, 2009, 03:46
My players aren't able to access the portraits that came with the Call of Cthulhu ruleset. Even after waiting hours, the portraits are nowhere to be seen. They can see the D&D fantasy portraits, however.

Suggestions?

Leonal
May 1st, 2009, 03:53
Portraits are local as far as I know and not loaded from the server.

defector
May 1st, 2009, 04:01
So why include portaits in the ruleset if the players can't use them?

Leonal
May 1st, 2009, 04:16
I'd ask the makers of the ruleset about that.

I agree though, the GM should be able to share his portrait folder with the players through FG.

defector
May 1st, 2009, 05:47
How can the players use their own portraits? I've asked several of them, and they say they don't have a portrait directory or anything like that.

Leonal
May 1st, 2009, 06:28
If it's not there, just create a "portraits" folder in C:\..\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\ and put what you wish there.

Griogre
May 1st, 2009, 07:44
The portraits directory should be there. FG installs several male and female portraits. Make sure they are looking the in data application folder not in program files.

If you want to assign portraits to PCs as DM the easiest way is to start a second instance of FG as a player, free the PC's character of ownership on the host, open it with the player instance and select the portrait. Release the PC in the second instance and they clear the owner again on the host so the player can then log on and get the PC.

Foen
May 2nd, 2009, 06:12
I included portraits in the CoC ruleset because it seemed natural to provide something other than the built-in fantasy ones, when playing CoC. Unfortunately, it isn't possible for the Kepper to share portraits automatically (FG doesn't provide a mechanism), but you should email them to your players.

Provided you do not use the graphics elsewhere (for example fan content on your own web site) redistributing them to your own players for running FG CoC games would be OK from a licence perspective.

Hope that helps,

Stuart

Jiminimonka
January 16th, 2016, 15:19
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but where are these portraits stored? I see them in FG but cant find any images in any of the FG directories that related to Cthulhu premade investigators. Would it be possible for someone to converted them into a file that can be shared with players?

Eru the One
January 16th, 2016, 23:54
I see them in %appdata%\Fantasy Grounds II\portraits on Windows 7 with my other portraits I use.

damned
January 17th, 2016, 02:25
Hi Jiminimonka I uploaded a bunch of pulpish tokes and portraits to https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads

Phystus
January 21st, 2016, 01:50
Thank you, Damned!

Are there still portrait included with the CoC ruleset? If so I can't find them.

~P

damned
January 21st, 2016, 02:01
Are there still portrait included with the CoC ruleset? If so I can't find them.

I dont see any on my system...

Phystus
January 21st, 2016, 13:19
Glad it wasn't just me. I was looking for the portraits that are in the appearance tab of the pregen characters. I was able to extract them from the module but I had expected to see them included with the portraits.

~P

Jiminimonka
February 18th, 2016, 22:24
Thanks - sorry I took so long to reply!