PDA

View Full Version : New to FG...looking to DM but..

Araciel
April 29th, 2009, 01:42
Hey guys

I just downloaded the full license and am anxious to try my hand at running a game, but am more interested at the moment in learning the program. I am hoping to get a good group together but need a good foundation of how to use FG, and while the tutorial vids have been great, I would like some time in the field. If anyone is planning some one-shots or lightly committed (or even a campaign possibly) with 3.5 D&D/pathfinder rules, please let me know, or even if you just wanna hang out and talk shop with a newbie to FG, drop me a line.

I'm available tuesdays and wednesdays from noon EST to around 1 or 2 am.

James

unerwünscht
April 29th, 2009, 01:52
To be perfectly honest, since you are going to be hosting games of your own, what you should do (in my opinion) is find another DM, host a "practice session", have the other DM join your practice session, and help you learn what to do from there. Bets way to learn the application is hands on in a controlled environment.

I am willing to set aside some time to assist you in this, and I am sure you will have no trouble finding other DM's who will assist as well.

Araciel
April 29th, 2009, 01:57
That's basically what I have in mind, I was just thinking that if no one was willing to do so I'd put it out there that I would join a game.. I've expressed interest in playing in a couple thus far, but the organization of such things takes time and I'm a bit impatient to get my feet wet haha..

Anyway, yes please let me know when you're available to chat or whatnot, as the DM to DM thing is probably the best way to go.

Griogre
April 29th, 2009, 02:18
Have you thought much about what ruleset you are going to use? I don't think there is a working pathfinder one and the changes are so trivial off the basic d20 you could use either the d20_JPG or Foundation 3.5 rulesets. I probably have some time tonight in the next few hours.

Araciel
April 29th, 2009, 02:28
Absolutely I plan on going with 3.5 D20 and make the changes in-game. MSN is in profile and I'm checking to add my skype ID too haha

...and upon close inspection it's not in there...no worries though just impart any wisdom here or pm me for further info haha

grider
April 29th, 2009, 03:27
Here's some players ready to play:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10154

Araciel
April 29th, 2009, 04:22
I shall approach them.. hmmm