PDA

View Full Version : Problems creating my Champaign

PhilVienna
April 28th, 2009, 16:53
Hi to all!

After reading some posts about the porblems with windows Vista I discoverd Im having a problem thats "new" to this group, I hope you can help me.

I wanted to copy maps into my folder as shown by Xorn in the tutorialvideo, but I have no folder whatsoever there. Not even the ones from the Demo Adventure.

Please help me out here.

Griogre
April 28th, 2009, 19:46
The demo campaign may or may not have a campaign folder since you have to tell it to create one when you install FG.

First, just checking, but do you have the full version of FG? If you are using the demo or lite version of FG then you will not have a campaign folder in Data Apps.

Also if you do have the full version, did you create a new campaign? Until you do that you will not have a campaign folder.

Next, on Vista it is important you don't install FG as an administrator as that will cut off folder virtualization and put folders where FG doesn't expect and can't find. FG2 is Vista compliant and so that type of installation messes it up.

Last, the application data folder is considered a "hidden system file" so if you don't have show these files on you can't browse to the data folder. However, you can use the following short cut to locate the folder: Press the Start button -> All Programs -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Application Data Folder.

PhilVienna
April 30th, 2009, 12:50
Griogre you are my Hero!

Thanks alot, I had the full version allready when I had the problem but I allways followed the shortcut on my destop, when folloing the follders via the Start button I can acess it.

Again thanks!

zWolf
April 30th, 2009, 17:32
No kidding right! I mean I can get the color, and the clarity to show correctly, I'm having issues with getting the bubbles to render properly through the glass!
I kid, I kid. *Grin -and before some one beats me to the punch, I should be the LAST person to give out ribbings on spelling errors. heh - all in good fun.

Griogre
April 30th, 2009, 19:32
Griogre you are my Hero!

Thanks alot, I had the full version allready when I had the problem but I allways followed the shortcut on my destop, when folloing the follders via the Start button I can acess it.

Again thanks!
You're welcome. I wonder if I can get Smiteworks to change my title to Sage Hero? ;) :)