PDA

View Full Version : Vampire: The Requiem

Llellwylliell
April 27th, 2009, 18:50
I've added a World of Darkness campaign to the game calendar.

The campaign will follow the exploits of a group of vampires (that's you), new to their unlives, struggling to survive and find their place in a near-future dystopian Gotham city.

There are so many things a game of Vampire is, and isn't, that it can be hard to make sure everyone is on the same page. On the game calendar I have tagged this as drama, because that's how I tend to run things.

I don't like plots where elders railroad people into tasks better suited to hired thugs or delivery boys. If you have interesting characters then their reactions to the push and pull of the world around them will produce entertaining drama. It's that simple. Of course there are subplots, and violence, but at the core of the story is the characters and their unlives.

You don't need to have played a World of Darkness game before. Honestly it is a simple, yet modern and effective system.

What you will need is a character. A living breathing human being, who is doomed to become one of the living dead and feed of the blood of his fellow man. It really does work best if you just think of a person, and then consider why someone would turn them into a vampire, and how it would then effect them.

An example.
A friend of mine just made up a character that put a smile on my face. He is playing a girl who was turned into a vampire when she was only twelve. The reason she was turned was simply because she reminded the vampire so strongly of his long dead daughter.

Note: There always needs to be a reason for the embrace, but the reason is, as often as not, trivial, which is fine so long as it rings true.

He decided he wanted to play someone who had been a vampire for a long time. Almost 100 years. To explain why she wasn't already loaded with worldly experience, she explained that her sire kept her locked safely away, and only chose to avail himself of her company when he wanted to hear her play the violin. When tragedy befalls her sire, she is cast adrift on the streets of Gotham.

After deciding on this Songbird concept, the actual creation of the character became almost rote. Lots of expression to represent her decades of mastery of the violin, quite a bit of stealth for sneaking around her sires haven without angering him, and some academics to represent a lifetime spent reading and re reading whatever was available.

If you think you may want to play and you have a character idea, or even if you don't know where to start, send me a PM. I am more than happy to help.

You don't need any books, but you will need to grab the latest version of the ruleset as PneumaPilot continues to work on it.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums...t=9238&page=29