PDA

View Full Version : 4E Parsed PHB

trenth99
April 26th, 2009, 23:02
I've been working on getting a PHB in the library, and Tenian has been a big help with it, however i'm having a problem now. When I allow it to be viewed by players, the player cant seem to actually open it. When they hover over the little brown book you can manually open in the mod window, the book immediately closes again. What is causing this? Any ideas?

Griogre
April 27th, 2009, 02:51
What type of module did you make? If it isn't a common module then they can't open a module they don't have. (FYI distributing a PH would be illegal, though converting one for your personal use should not be.)

trenth99
April 27th, 2009, 03:16
Ah, understandable. But, how come when i open up an game and a player account on my computer, the player account doesnt have the mod on his?

Griogre
April 27th, 2009, 08:35
I'm not sure I'm following you. If you start FG as a host and have a PH module and open the activate module window and drag a check mark onto the module when you start a second instance of FG as a player you should be able to access the module - if you made a client module. If you made a common module then you would have to force load the module to allow a player to activate and use the module. If you made a db module that is a host only module which players can't open.

From your description above, either the host did not approve the player to open the module or the GM appoved the module but the player doesn't have a copy (or the same copy) of the module, or its a common module and the GM didn't force load it.

trenth99
April 27th, 2009, 15:32
I must of done this "If you made a db module that is a host only module which players can't open" even though i'm still fumbling around with all this and was just following a tutorial. So not sure how I did it or how to make adjustments, haha. Oh well, i'll figure it out somehow

Tenian
April 27th, 2009, 15:41
The parser has a combo box that lets you choose between the three formats. The only tutorial that I know of is for the monster manual, which is a DM only module and sets the output to db.xml