PDA

View Full Version : Coding question

Bidmaron
April 26th, 2009, 12:32
OK, now it's my turn. I have attached below an extension that should work with any ruleset. It is intended to be the framework for programming utilities and debugging. Unfortunately, the code has several problems:
1) When you click the <render> button, the character field is supposed to show the corresponding character to the ascii field. Instead, I cannot get the '?' to ever change (not even the hard-wired changing its value to a "A" works).
2) I cannot get the datasource to work properly. The fields generate top-level nodes in the database as follows:

<_>
ascii type="number">0</ascii>
</_>
<_>
ascii type="number">46</ascii>
<char type="string">.</char>
</_>

The char field above is from using the <next> button, which is supposed to increment the ascii and render the character corresponding to that ascii.

3) I cannot get the button frame to display correctly. One of the images below shows what it looks like in the window, and the other image shows what the button should look like.

4) When you push the button, instead of the frame shifting to the button down image and then back to the button up image when you're done, the frame disappears completely, leaving only the button text.

Appreciate any help on this.

Bidmaron
April 26th, 2009, 12:57
Oh, I should point out that, since the code is primarily for programming, in order for the extension to appear and have any useful interface, you have to go into your db.xml file and manually add a top-level node that looks like this:

<debug>
</debug>

Thanks for any help.

Bidmaron
April 28th, 2009, 23:59
bump, please