PDA

View Full Version : (4e D&D) New Friday Night Game, Taking Apps!

Envoke
April 22nd, 2009, 04:00
Hail Fantasy Grounds Players! :D

Some of you might have seen me around, others may see me as new, but regardless; after playing a couple games in a friend of mine's world, I knew I had to start my own in the world soon known as Geonidia.

The main campaign website can be found here: https://www.chrisnye.net/DND/Default.htm
and is owned and maintained by our very own forum member; IcedCrow!

The campaign will be running Friday nights, and while the time is TBA, the general area to expect would be a start time anywhere from 5pm EST to 7pm EST, and run no later then Midnight EST each day.

One thing to keep in mind, and I hope it doesn't turn many of you off, is that this will be my first FANTASY GROUNDS run game. I am an experienced dungeon master for 4th edition through Advanced D&D, and have been with the game a while. I like to run games with an emphasis on RP and in character chat, and major plot character development is a big peeve of mine, and is key to the story only next to involvement.

The game will be set in the imaginary country of Vis Luth, a war torn feudal state in the midst of a governmental disaster. The threat of raiders from the north and east, and the harsh sea to the west make life hard for the stoic Vissians as their High King Itae calls upon a group of guild members to rally forth and bring the once-mighty nation back to it's feet and bring honor to the land that was spat upon by the country of Ordar. Will you stand before the King in reverence? Or not heed the call at all? The choice is yours as the campaign unfolds over a magnificent story arc broken into chapters.

The game will have a cap of 6 players, and we hope to be starting within 2 weeks. If you have any interest in the setting and wish to know more, or even want to join for sure! I implore you to contact me via PM here, on Yahoo! (s.n = En.Voke), or on our official D&D Yahoo! Group: https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DNDOrdar/
Feel free as well to contact the world's owner, Icedcrow via PM if I am not available.

Character Creation will be detailed further when character slots are filled.

I will edit this thread when I have reached the maximum number of users, so keep checking back if you are interested!

Oneiros
April 22nd, 2009, 15:22
Reagarding your game
You are located where? I mean we would play by wich time zone?
Would you use voice chat?

Envoke
April 22nd, 2009, 22:38
Listed above for the possible times, I'm in the EST time zone, and if we were to be using Ventrilo, it would most likely be just for OOC yammering.

Time's we're aiming for are most likely going to be 7pm EST to 10~11pm EST. The first couple sessions will be a little shorter/longer as we get comfortable with each other and learn how the group works, but after that we should fit into a more definite groove.

Mask_of_winter
April 22nd, 2009, 23:50
Hi there!

I have a few questions before I decide if I want to commit to the campaign or not.

Which books are allowed? only the PHB or all of them? If the campaign is set in a homebrew world are there any modifications to the races and classes? Are we starting at level 1?

Envoke
April 23rd, 2009, 03:57
Hi there!

I have a few questions before I decide if I want to commit to the campaign or not.

Which books are allowed? only the PHB or all of them? If the campaign is set in a homebrew world are there any modifications to the races and classes? Are we starting at level 1?

(I thought I had replied to this......odd.)

We are allowing all released books in the core series, as well as the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide. This stretches from the most basic warrior, to a Gensai Swordmage to a Dragon Magic Sorceror. What we do not allow is the Dragon Magazine article content and playtesting classes. Those specifically are meant for testing and more exotic homebrew games, we want to keep this as close to the physical books as possible.

Even though it is a homebrew world, there are no changes to the races, classes, or cosmology. Some of the Greek pantheon is available to worship, but for Divine Channel abilities, they will be sticking to their counterpart in the D&D Cosmology.

If anyone has any other questions, by all means please! Post them here! :D

Mask_of_winter
April 23rd, 2009, 11:46
smartass hehe...

Alright, I've got a human pursuing avenger of the Raven Queen ready to roll. I'still waiting for my membership to be approved on the yahoo group.

icedcrow
April 23rd, 2009, 13:07
Envoke has put a lot of work into this and it's awesome to see another DM step into a world I threw together and add their own touch to it.

My wednesday campaign takes place a little north in an imperial province called Ordar. Together a lot of history and development has been put into the area.

The website (dnd.chrisnye.net for short) has maps and what not up there as well as session logs for you to check out.

I may be playing a paladin in this game =) It will be nice to be a player.

Mask_Of_Winter I see you are about my age and are from Erie. I grew up in Girard (near Erie) and moved away after graduating, whereabouts are you from? Just seeing if I perhaps know you.

Mask_of_winter
April 23rd, 2009, 16:51
I may be playing a paladin in this game =) It will be nice to be a player.

That's what I said to Envoke when he accepted me in... it will be nice to be a player indeed hehe...

Mask_Of_Winter I see you are about my age and are from Erie. I grew up in Girard (near Erie) and moved away after graduating, whereabouts are you from? Just seeing if I perhaps know you.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're the second guy I meet on here who's originally from Erie. Chances that you may know me are slim. I'm from Montreal, Canada and have been in Erie since december of 03.

Looking forward to play with you Crow... which divinity will your paladin worship?

icedcrow
April 23rd, 2009, 16:58
Ah ok then you're right wouldn't know you if you moved there in 03 as I have been gone since 95.

I'm not sure yet what my paladin will worship, or if he will even have a base god or just be a knight type.

Sakumbe
April 23rd, 2009, 23:19
Hey Envoke, looking forward to this game.

And I actually was planning on playing a paladin for this, even have him fixed up and everything.

Mask_of_winter
April 24th, 2009, 00:02
you never have too many paladins in your party I'd say :)
just dont fight over who's gonna mark the target hehe

Sakumbe
April 24th, 2009, 00:20
I just hope we don't get a billion paladins

Envoke
April 24th, 2009, 00:40
Ok, I will say it again and contact the people who need it, first a couple things:

1) I have gotten a TON of PMs about this game. I have enough interest, for all intensive purposes, the game is filled.

2) If you ARE interested, I absolutely need you to get ahold of me, perferably on Yahoo, not just join the group and be done with it. I need to know that you will be able to dedicate your time to the game.

3) Sakumbe = Tim?

Sakumbe
April 24th, 2009, 04:14
Ok, I will say it again and contact the people who need it, first a couple things:

1) I have gotten a TON of PMs about this game. I have enough interest, for all intensive purposes, the game is filled.

2) If you ARE interested, I absolutely need you to get ahold of me, perferably on Yahoo, not just join the group and be done with it. I need to know that you will be able to dedicate your time to the game.

3) Sakumbe = Tim?

Yes, it is I.

Envoke
April 24th, 2009, 04:42
Phew, I was like "AHHHH! More people!" XD Thank you.

But yes, What I mean by 'In all intensive purposes the game is full', is that I have more then enough people interested in the game, and don't need anyone else to post. I would edit my main post if members here had that authority. xD

icedcrow
April 24th, 2009, 13:02
If you like this kind of campaign I would encourage you to sign up on the yahoogroup anyway. We have openings come up sporadically and we use the yahoogroup to recruit an opening first.