PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps a short 1-5 shot anyone?

RobertCove
April 20th, 2009, 04:36
There seem to be an abundance of games listed who are looking for players, as well as players looking for games. I thought I might as well throw my hat in the ring. I am planning on running a short 1-5 session game utilizing the current rules set that comes with the DM license. This will allow me to actually use the program to run a game, rather than just to host pics and such for my games. I have a couple of ideas for the sessions as well as premade characters should players not wish to create one for such a short duration. So, if you are new to this whole thing, and perhaps want to try it out and learn with me, let me know. Feel free to post here or send me a pm via the forums here. The best night for me would be Tuesdays, but any other night will work with the exception of weekends.

Timezone: GMT-5 (I think.. I am in eastern US)
Play times: Tuesdays are best, but any weeknight will do. Sessions will begin at 7pm and run for approximately 3 - 4 hours. 11pm is my cut off.
Ruleset: Basic set with the program.. so I am thinking that is equiv to D&D3.5? Not 100% on this.
Module: Home grown should last 1-5 sessions depending on players :D
Number of players: Would like at least 3, but no more than 5.
Genre: Fantasy Dungeon Crawl most likely.. though a Fantasy Cityscape may be possible as well.

Thanks for checking this out.

RC

RobertCove
April 22nd, 2009, 02:40
hrmm kind of a bummer that no one is interested. I will check back from time to time to see if changes. In the mean time, I guess I will start working on a game in case I do get some interested people.

RC

Araciel
April 22nd, 2009, 04:33
I would be interested. I only have the demo and I have been learning as much as I can. I'm pretty experienced with 3.x D&D and that is basically all I play. feel free to MSN/email me [email protected]

umbralux
April 23rd, 2009, 05:02
Tuesdays at 7:00 ES/DT? Sounds interesting. What type of campaign are you planning? What type / source of characters are you looking for?

RobertCove
April 23rd, 2009, 15:45
I would be interested. I only have the demo and I have been learning as much as I can. I'm pretty experienced with 3.x D&D and that is basically all I play. feel free to MSN/email me [email protected]

Araciel, I will definitely get back to you, but from what I can tell so far, the demo is only compatible with another copy of the demo. I may be wrong here, but I don't think you will be able to connect to my game without a copy of the actual full version (either light or full). We can try it out though.

Tuesdays at 7:00 ES/DT? Sounds interesting. What type of campaign are you planning? What type / source of characters are you looking for?

Ubralux - basically the campaign I am thinking of to test this out is just a short series of dungeon crawls to get my feet wet. If it looks like I am going to have a solid group, who can commit to certain times, then I will put a lot more into it. As far as rules, I have not bothered buying the 4ed D&D as I did not really like what I read in it. I have been playing 3rd for a while now, though truthfully I am old school 2ed AD&D or Warhammer. If I can come up with a ruleset for these, then it may shift to a full sized campaign for one of them, using my home grown world.

The last game I ran for any extended time was in my homegrown world, utilized the 3rd ed D&D rules, and ran for a little over 2 years. It took the characters through many aspects of RPing from hack and slash nights, to pure planning nights. Obviously this is a little easier face to face, but the general tone of my campaigns is determined by the players, not me. I create the setting, and use a timeline of events to determine what happens behind the scenes. The players actions directly affect the timeline, and the story evolves. I hope this answered your question. If not, try me again, and I will see if I can ramble less, and focus more. :D

RC

Griogre
April 23rd, 2009, 19:06
The demo can only connect to the demo. It can't connect to the full or lite version of FG.

Crazedkiller
April 23rd, 2009, 19:34
Hey I am new to this site. I was wondering if I could join in on this, I have had some experience with 4e. But i just got the ph for 3.5. and would really think I would do better with 3.5. If you happen to have a spot open I would greatly appreciate a chance to get in on this:)

Araciel
April 24th, 2009, 03:07
Well I'll buy it if I'm in a game, I wasn't going to buy it just for myself if I couldn't find a group or someone to at least show me the ropes.

RobertCove
April 24th, 2009, 22:05
So it looks like we have at least 2 maybe 3 players possible. I will hammer out the details in the next couple of days - since I am working bleh - and get back to ya. Watch this thread for details and game ideas.

RC

Araciel
April 26th, 2009, 14:26
Anxious to get started... I will probably be downloading the full version tonight.

RobertCove
April 27th, 2009, 13:40
Ok.. here is a quick update. I am anticipating the start day for this on Tuesday May 4. I will have the server up and running by 6pm EDT, and we can begin the character creation and such. I have, after putting some time and effort into this, decided to allow characters created using the ruleset and or the 3.5 books. This will be a D&D game, and my turn into a long running campaign. If it does not, and we continue with just the 1-5 session progress, I am fine with that.

Last bit, I do have 10 premade characters to choose from if you are not interested in making your own. The character stats have been determined, and starting gear given, personality would be up to you.

RC

RobertCove
May 9th, 2009, 04:02
lack of interest. Closed.

RC

Drizzt06
May 9th, 2009, 04:15
Coudl be intrested have we decided what rule set where playing with ?

cpbs
May 9th, 2009, 05:06
lack of interest. Closed.

RC

Your idea looks interesting and I know what you mean by lack of interest. Many people seem to be interested but end up falling through. Id would stick with it. Summer is coming along and many are getting done with school, might find more player to play.

MikeParham
May 9th, 2009, 16:39
Actually I might be very interested in participating in this. I've a live group that I have been trying to coax into supporting an online effort as well. This application looks very interesting.

I've played D&D since 1982, and am very familiar with all rulesets up to 4.0 (which our group is toying with now). I have not yet purchased the application, but plan to once I am certain that participation in an activity will be frequent.

I would appreciate a game that involves some level of voice chat, as I am an old fart and terrible at typing.

Looking forward to hearing from ya! Don't throw up the flag just yet :)

Averix
May 10th, 2009, 23:28
I too wouldn't mind getting into a short stint for a game. It's been a while since I have played, but would love an opportunity to join one.

Just waiting for a reason to buy the full version, this sounds like a good opportunity.

That is if you're still open to the testing.