PDA

View Full Version : Keep getting same error

Chamberz
April 18th, 2009, 18:37
I was playing and FG crashed on me. Now when i try to reconnect i get "could not load ruleset root file base.xml". It also keeps trying to download the same files every time i try to connect. It waits till the download is done then gives me that error.

Griogre
April 19th, 2009, 06:07
Do you have the latest release version of FG 2.3.6? Is the server also running that version? What ruleset are you using? Typically that message means you are running an old version of FG with a recent ruleset. It could also mean you are running the right version of FG but with an old ruleset not supported by FG2.

Chamberz
April 19th, 2009, 20:56
I don't run a ruleset. I only use the lite version

Chamberz
April 19th, 2009, 20:58
Still doing it now. Had it working yesterday. I just wiped out the application data folder and reinstalled and it fixed it. Now it's doing it again.

Spyke
April 19th, 2009, 20:59
As Griogre asked above, what is the version number on your Fantasy Grounds startup screen?

Spyke

Chamberz
April 19th, 2009, 21:03
its 2.3.6. As is the DM's.

Chamberz
April 19th, 2009, 21:25
So. I've wiped everything out completely. Again. Still doing it.

Bidmaron
April 19th, 2009, 21:33
Your DM must be using a ruleset. These more experienced folks are trying to help you, but you are not giving them enough to work with. They will need to know what ruleset your DM is using and anything he may have done recently that would cause this change.

Spyke
April 19th, 2009, 22:09
Yes, we're scratching our heads a bit, and as much information as you can give us would be helpful.

Spyke

Chamberz
April 19th, 2009, 22:34
Got it working again. For now. Just wiped everything clean. Including application data folder. Reinstalled and its working. Same thing i did yesterday.

zabulus
April 20th, 2009, 22:09
Well, congratulations on getting it working again, but you still didn't say which ruleset this was about.

Chamberz
April 25th, 2009, 01:20
It's not a ruleset. I use lite. I don't have a ruleset on mine, but we're playing 4e.

Griogre
April 25th, 2009, 03:12
It doesn't matter that you are running a full or lite version. The ruleset is downloaded when you connect to the server for any non PAK ruleset.

You have not experimented with a PAK version of the the 4E ruleset have you? You will get that type of thing if you install a pak ruleset and the version is different from the version the GM is using - the ruleset will download part of it every time you connect - the parts different from the DM's version, and then when you disconnect the PAK ruleset reaserts itself; causing you to have to redownload the different parts the next time you connect to the server again.

Do you play in more than one 4E game? If so do the DM's use different versions of the ruleset?