PDA

View Full Version : Any System extension

Spyke
April 18th, 2009, 12:41
Not quite as exciting as it sounds! In another thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=44) we discussed adding an extension that provided a basic character sheet with large text boxes where you could enter or paste your character information. This would allow people to get up and running quickly with systems where we don't yet have a detailed ruleset.

The attached extension provides a character sheet with four tabs: main, abitities, inventory and notes. Each is just a large text box.

There are two issues at the moment, which I think need updates to FG itself to get round: if you paste text in the carriage returns are stripped out, and you can't scroll the text boxes with the mouse, you have to use the arrow keys. (Any solutions to these, please yell!)

Installation: Unzip the attached and drop the file into your Extensions folder of the Application Data found in your start menu for FG2. Start a session using the Foundation ruleset and put a check against 'Any System'.

Spyke

Foen
April 18th, 2009, 14:34
One for the Wiki?

Valarian
April 18th, 2009, 15:54
I'd say more "one for the Foundation". I think that the Foundation ruleset ought to have more than just an area for a name. If there were text areas in addition to this, some people could use just the base Foundation as a ruleset.

Spyke
April 18th, 2009, 16:51
I've added it to the wiki.

I agree that it would make sense to have this sort of functionality built into the foundation ruleset.

Spyke

Bidmaron
April 19th, 2009, 16:52
For the scrolling problem, why not just add a scollercontrol?

Spyke
April 19th, 2009, 16:54
For the scrolling problem, why not just add a scollercontrol?The scroller control doesn't work with a multiline string control, as far as I'm aware.

Spyke

Tenian
April 19th, 2009, 17:40
You could use a sub window to get the scroller control to work

Spyke
April 19th, 2009, 18:18
You could use a sub window to get the scroller control to workThanks, I'll give that a try.

Spyke