PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Saga Edition: Rise of the Empire

mlschappy
April 17th, 2009, 19:45
I would like to start a SWSE campaign on tuesdays starting around 7pm eastern. If anyone is interested either post here or send me a pm.

Guidelines------
1. No powergamers.
2. Corerulebook classes and races only.
3. Reliable,mature, and laid back players only
4. Will be using skype for voice and hamachi(which is free and popular fix for connection issues on FG2) to connect.
5. For stats it is 16,14,12,10,10,10 before racial adjustments.

Also here is the calendar.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=393

newjerseyphil
April 18th, 2009, 00:14
Is this game still open and still looking? I could be interested. I am usually available around 730 tough. Baby is in bed at 7 and time for him to fall asleep.

Just pm me!

I'm a veteran d6 sw but not SWSE but know well the rules since I wanted to DM a group. I played alot of D&D so I also know D20 pretty well.

mlschappy
April 18th, 2009, 00:51
I love the d6 version and have all of the books for it also. Its just easier finding a d20 group but if anyone would like to play the d6 version I would love to GM that instead. But I am open to both.

mlschappy
April 18th, 2009, 05:20
I got two players so far. Anymore?

newjerseyphil
April 18th, 2009, 12:09
Bah D20 is perfect. I want to try it

Nilliom
April 18th, 2009, 16:41
Interested also

mlschappy
April 19th, 2009, 00:07
Alright I got three players so far-Nillium,Newjersy, and livi. Although I have enough to play I still have one or two more slots open. :-)

mlschappy
April 19th, 2009, 00:22
The campaign is set 15 years before episode 4. The Empire is strong, and the rebellion is just starting to take place. Even though we are playing a "good" campaign everyone is gonna start off working for the empire. Either you are hired as an mercenary or you are an imperial soldier or officer yourself. I would like all of the players to write a BRIEF history about themselves. I know somone wants to play a jedi which is fine. You can still work for the empire but they dont know you survived order 66 and changed your identity or something around those lines would be a good idea(but it is up to you). Also I know one person is a trandoshan but the Empire doesnt allow aliens into there ranks(besides a few exceptions) so a mercenary might be the best route for that. Im sorry, im not trying to sound so pushy but im trying to capture the Star wars essence as much as possible.

Livi
April 19th, 2009, 22:35
I have no problem playing the xenophobe situation, and mercenary is right up my alley. Where do you want the character background posted? I'm just gonna come out with it here.

Ever since the Empire has taken control of the galaxy, Krussekk has been steadily employed with the slavers on Kasshyyk. The Empire pays well for his per/wookie contracts. So why bother ruining a good thing... right? Still, Krussekk ponders from time to time about what it would be like to get off this wretched forested planet...

newjerseyphil
April 20th, 2009, 00:38
Ok give me an hour tonight I'll write something up. Do you want to start this Tuesday or wait another week for more
Players maybe?

mlschappy
April 20th, 2009, 00:43
You guys sound like great players so I would like to start this tuesday if everyone is able to. But I still have a slot or two left open so if anyone else is still interested let me know.

newjerseyphil
April 20th, 2009, 01:14
Ok cool i'll PM you my skype. I need to reinstall it and, well don't know if I remember my old login. So I might just create a new one for this! I already use hamachi for my wow private server. It works well fir someone who dies not mind to play wow once a month just for fun so I don't want to pay 15$ a month for that. So my friends and I play once in a while. Enough wow talk.

For my charcarter I will be looking at it in a couple of minutes. U am on my iPhone now typing these words. I'll play some sort of imperial officer who believes in the military way but has some ethical problems with the way the imperials are doing it. He was brought up in a military familly so followed in the footsteps of his father but is starting to rethink all of this. If no one plays a Jedi instead I might Rethink this so to have at least one Jedi.

But I'll write this better when I get to pc.

mlschappy
April 20th, 2009, 01:46
I know one person is playing a jedi already. Also the history you have so far sounds pretty good.

newjerseyphil
April 20th, 2009, 02:28
Are we playing the SWSE II ruleset or some other version? Because I seem to have more recent books that what is in the ruleset. More classes, more skills, etc.

mlschappy
April 20th, 2009, 02:57
I think I have the most updated ruleset. I looked at it and it seems to have everything we need.

mlschappy
April 20th, 2009, 22:28
Is everyone still on for tommorrow? Also for any interested players we still have a slot left.

Nilliom
April 20th, 2009, 23:16
I could be on for tomorrow, just need to give us the information about the time and address we will connect to.

newjerseyphil
April 20th, 2009, 23:51
Ok but dont de also need the ruleset to play? I got mine from the fgwiki but I seem to have a core rule book with more skills and classes, and again I left at work so I can't say witch. I was creating my character and it confused me.

If I remember correctly, for example I have the skill craft in my books but not in the ruleset. This is the only example for now, I'm on my iPhone again. I'll check some examples in a second

newjerseyphil
April 20th, 2009, 23:56
Btw I'll play a good 'ol soldier from the imperial navy. The lowest commisionned rank of 2nd lieutenant. Is this ok?

other Examples astrogate (int), demolitions (int)

mlschappy
April 21st, 2009, 00:55
Uh oh. You got the wrong verson of star wars d20. They came out with a newer one called star wars saga edition and they changed it up a bit.

newjerseyphil
April 21st, 2009, 01:51
ok I think Im set.

mlschappy
April 21st, 2009, 04:11
I havent got responses from a couple of players yet and I dont want to rush anything so I think the best time to play will be next week. That way itll give enough time for everyone to respond and straighten any problems out.

Livi
April 21st, 2009, 13:44
Lol. I have been checking been this thread daily. I didnt see the extra pages down on the bottom right of the screen:o

Okay. In terms of ruleset, I have the SWSE II. I downloaded skype (need info) and I also downloaded Hamachi (do not know this software). I am available for this evening and would love to try and get together.

mlschappy
April 21st, 2009, 14:04
I think next evening will work the best. A new player joined but I havent heard anything from him yet so I wanna give him time to get everything set up.

newjerseyphil
April 22nd, 2009, 00:05
Yeah next Tuesday. Can't wait! But it's ok for tonight because I got my Caprica DVD and can't wait to watch tonight!

newjerseyphil
April 27th, 2009, 00:14
You guys still in?

Livi
April 27th, 2009, 04:00
Ya, I'm still in. I just want to play. question for you. what program did you use for your maps? I have downloaded a few now to try out. Do you have a preference?

newjerseyphil
April 28th, 2009, 00:23
I guess youre asking mlschappy but I was curious to witch one you have? Ive tried to find some for myself and my search came up dry...

Livi
April 28th, 2009, 01:34
I have found a couple of map making programs. Here are the links:

Dungeon Forge
https://www.dungeonmapping.com/df/public_html/

Auto Realm
https://autorealm.sourceforge.net/

Then if you want to spend some money go for Campaign Cartographer. this is a full map making suite. Castles, dungeons, landscapes to entire continents.
https://www.profantasy.com/

Last of all, good old photoshop still comes through. This is what I have but to be honest layers is a pain in the *** for drawing maps.:)

Oberoten
April 28th, 2009, 01:41
https://www.dundjinni.com/

Dundjinni is another good commercial one.

- Obe

Nilliom
April 28th, 2009, 21:19
Do we have a game today? We have not heard anything about that? I checked the calendar and nothing there

Do you know?

Livi
April 28th, 2009, 21:29
i dont know. still waiting here as well

Jorgo Mono
May 2nd, 2009, 16:21
No word on this? I'd be willing to join if you guys need another player.

newjerseyphil
May 3rd, 2009, 00:32
We seem to have lost our DM...