PDA

View Full Version : World of Darkness

Llellwylliell
April 17th, 2009, 17:39
Does anyone feel like trying some sessions of the (new) World of Darkness system?

My flavour of choice is Vampire, but Hunter and Changeling both look interesting too. I'm not really drawn to Werewolf, and I haven't gotten around to reading or buying Mage or Promithean. I am flexible.

Another option would be Innocents. The idea of playing 7-12 year old characters encountering, surviving and perhaps besting all manner of evil and strangeness sounds like it would be very different. When deciding on games with rl people I play with, I always say "Something good or something different", and that would certainly qualify as different, at least for me.

I have some experience running (and playing in) modern horror games, though with a limited pool of personalities up until now.

I am Australian, so GMT +9.5 currently, but international interest is fine if we can work out a time.

So if you are interested in any World of Darkness, let me know with a reply or a PM and let me know what subset you would prefer, if you have a preference. People who are interested, but have never played before are fine, but just a warning, this isn't DND or a superhero game. It tends towards drama - horror - action, though admittedly not always in that order.

Elijahkaine
April 17th, 2009, 19:12
I'm am Interest in trying out a Nwod game over the internet (just got fantasy grounds for this very reason) My time zone is PST...

(googles) GMT -8. I still would be willing to work something out.

Elijahkaine
April 17th, 2009, 19:36
Just thought I would also add, Vampire, Hunter or Innocents is good for me, I'm interest in trying any one of these. I personally love werewolf, but it takes a bit of getting used to.

Vampire would be fun but I'd prefer hunter, but any game is good. I haven't been able to get a game going locally and it would be loads of fun to finally get a chance to play, so just let me know. Go ahead and feel free to e-mail me, or load me up on yahoo messenger if you have it.

unerwünscht
April 17th, 2009, 20:57
Getting ready to run a "Police tails from the 13th Precinct" game if you guys are interested. I will be running it on Saturdays at midnight EST. That would be 2:30 PM Sundays in Australia, 9:00 PM Saturday PST, and I have no idea what time zone Elijah is in.

Elijahkaine
April 18th, 2009, 00:44
I'm in Pacific Standard Time, so that be 9:00pm Saturday for me. I'm game for that unerwünscht, as well as whatever it is that Llellwylliell had planned.

Llellwylliell
April 18th, 2009, 07:52
I sent you a PM, unerwünscht.

Zoetrope
April 18th, 2009, 12:26
I'd be interested in participating in a Vampire, Changeling or Hunter game if you're looking for players. Let me know if you set something up and want some fresh blood! :D

Cheers,
Z

unerwünscht
April 19th, 2009, 03:46
For those who were/are interested in this game, I will have to cancel this evenings session. There are a series of things I noticed last minute in the ruleset that will make our particular game difficult if not impossible to run. Some are things that I can fix quickly, however the more important things I have no idea how to address at this moment.

If I can't get it all fixed myself tonight and tomorrow, I will have the development team in the office look into it on Monday.