PDA

View Full Version : How to start a game and pick players...

RobertCove
April 16th, 2009, 04:56
Seems the best way is to just throw something out there and see what happens. So, I guess that's what I will do. I am looking to either play in a game, preferably a fantasy game but I am not closed off to Sci-Fi. I am an experienced role player having been playing these games since I was around 11. (wow has it been that long? ) At any rate, I am willing to attempt virtually any system and or character type.

In addition to this, I am also willing to put something together to run, perhaps a four or five session run to see how this runs from a GM's point of view. I am not really sure what type of game I would run. Since I have the full liscense, but no clue on how to upload a new rule set, I guess it will be the default ruleset with some house rules. I tend to run games on a darker level, but I have been known to come up with something really off the wall. Gotta love the Paranoia system.

So, lets get a dialogue started. Any questions and or suggestions?

RC

Nuah
April 16th, 2009, 05:22
you should probably put your timezone and times/days your available.

RobertCove
April 16th, 2009, 05:35
you should probably put your timezone and times/days your available.

Timezone is at the bottom in the sig. US EDT... I think that is GMT-4 but I am not completely sure.

icedcrow
April 16th, 2009, 13:53
If you want to start a game, my suggestion is to set up an email list like yahoogroups and get yourself a little website going.

From there, advertise. Advertise here. Advertise on the wizards boards. Advertise wherever there is a D&D audience.

If you want to play, there are alwyas a ton of "looking for players" posts.

I know the co-dm in my campaign is starting his friday night sessions soon and may need players.

Spyke
April 16th, 2009, 14:16
... not really sure what type of game I would run. Since I have the full liscense, but no clue on how to upload a new rule set, I guess it will be the default ruleset with some house rules.I saw on your other post that you'd played GURPS. The GURPS ruleset from my website www.spyke.me is packaged as a self-installing exe file. Unzip the file and run the installer.

Spyke

RobertCove
April 16th, 2009, 16:13
I saw on your other post that you'd played GURPS. The GURPS ruleset from my website www.spyke.me is packaged as a self-installing exe file. Unzip the file and run the installer.

Spyke

Wow, that's great! Thanks a bunch for the info. I will be heading there directly to check it out.

RC