PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Salutations...

RobertCove
April 15th, 2009, 00:48
Hello all. Nice to be here. I've been lurking about the site for a little while now, and have even purchased this wonderful software. I used it more for my table top gaming than for its intended purpose of internet gaming. It's use as a medium for keeping things straight for my games has been invaluable. My players loved it. We used the interface and the maps on a table to keep the maps fresh. Amazing what one can do with a projector and some cables. Unfortunately, do to some outside forces, my group is no more.

Sooo.. that brings me to the forums. I thought I would lurk about a bit, and see if I could find a game or two to get into, or even run one myself. I am still not sure which I want to do. I thought I would come here, and start up a bit of a dialog and see what comes of it. Here's to dialoging.

RC

Flak
April 15th, 2009, 01:18
Dialog is not hard to find, but for finding a game, you might wanna check the guild house. Of course, I'm guessin' since you've been lurking around, you don't me to tell you that, eh? You lurker you.

Lurker. Hehe.

RobertCove
April 15th, 2009, 01:22
Indeed. I am just not sure I am able to commit myself to a regular game night. I have used a VTT once before, and found that getting gamers together was not all that difficult. The trick is getting them to stay.

PneumaPilot
April 15th, 2009, 02:58
Howdy, Robert. What do you play?

Andugus
April 15th, 2009, 05:36
Welcome to the community. If you like your current group maybe you can all play together using this software?

To find a group here the best bet is to state your intentions in the Guild House section. I also find the Four Ugly Monsters (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community) site to be useful because it has a working event calendar. Good for posting a game that can be a one shot, or repeating campaign.

Oberoten
April 15th, 2009, 07:19
For greatest ease of finding a game it actually helps if you have your timezone shown in your signature or something.

- Obe (At GMT+1)

RobertCove
April 16th, 2009, 04:27
Howdy, Robert. What do you play?

What do I play? Hrmm.. I am open to pretty much any system, though I have experience with AD&D 2nd Ed, Dark Sun, All the WOD games (the news as well), D&D 3.0 and 3.5, Warhammer 1rst and 2nd edition, Shadowrun, Talislanta, Gurps, Heavy Gear (both the table top and the RPG) as well as a few others that are not coming readily to mind. I prefer Role play to constant combat. I don't mind playing, or running games. My most recent game was a homegrown version using the Warhammer rules. The players enjoyed the lethality of the game, as well as the dooming feel of what they were up against.

As far as playing now, I am kind of in limbo. I wouldn't mind getting into a game to get my feet wet, and see how all this stuff works out online. I suppose I will lurk a bit more in the forums and see if any games strike my fancy.

For greatest ease of finding a game it actually helps if you have your timezone shown in your signature or something.

- Obe (At GMT+1)

I currently reside on the East Coast in the US. If I am correct, then its GMT-4 right now with Daylight saving time. Not 100% on this, as time changes were never really my specialty.

RC

icedcrow
April 16th, 2009, 13:56
Welcome Robert I hope you find what you are looking for!