PDA

View Full Version : d20_JPG development

Moon Wizard
April 12th, 2009, 05:28
I have published a development version of the d20_JPG ruleset (v3.0). You can get the details and the link at our fouruglymonsters.com group site.

Group Site (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/community/groups/viewgroup/62-DD+3rd+Edition+FG+Development)

Since I no longer play any v3.5 games, I am releasing a development version to the community, so that I can get some feedback on how it works and catch bugs before releasing as a live version.

If you run a game using the d20_JPG ruleset, please take a few minutes to try it out and let me know what you find.

Thanks,
JPG

Leonal
April 12th, 2009, 06:38
Thanks a bunch for this update! Do you prefer results posted here or at the FUM group?

I won't be able to play test this for a while, but from what I tried now it seems to work very well.
As I have read about 4e, there is the double dice problem when dropping on the combat tracker.

When I try to use the 'clear all effects' in the tracker, whether I have active effects or not, I get the following error. This didn't happen when I tried in the 4e ruleset.

Script Error: [string "scripts/combattracker.lua"]:499: attempt to call field 'clearAndDisableCheck' (a nil value)

madman
April 12th, 2009, 18:38
Script Error: [string "scripts/combattracker.lua"]:499: attempt to call field 'ClearAndDisableCheck' (a nil value)

I also get this error under the same conditions.
also when i attempt to use the ct menu to clear npcs the same error come up.

and when dropping damage dice on the ct on Host side the damage does not roll.
not sure if im doing something wrong/Client side works fine.

Script Error: [string "scripts/npcattackfield.lua"]:394 attempt to index field'?'(a nil value)

and this when i tried to drag an npc attack to shortcut bar.

Script Error: [string "charsheet_skilllistitem:stat":1 attempt to index global 'statnamenode' (a nil value)

when i switch to skills tab on character sheet the stat bonus does not populate

Thank You Moon_Wizard

Moon Wizard
April 12th, 2009, 19:57
Thanks for the feedback so far. That's why I needed some testers to help me out. You can respond to the threads, or via private message to me on either site.

I've posted a new link to a revision that fixes those issues mentioned so far.

Cheers,
JPG

madman
April 12th, 2009, 20:57
well first thanks for the update. that was very fast.

still when i drop damage on the client side in the cct it rolls the damage and it shows up in the chat window

but on the host side i still get no damage roll from npc damage drop on ct. die just falls to tabletop. not sure if it is a formatting issue. but i can pick the damage dice up. and i can roll them normally in the chat window. i do not get an error?

also on client side dropping attacks on map works,but only if i drop it on the current client's token or another character token. but not on npc tokens.

on the host side i can drop attacks on any token in the map.

Moon Wizard
April 12th, 2009, 22:50
I'll look into the host-side damage drops.

On the client side, only CT drops are supported. The next version of FG should address the token drop support, so that clients can drop on tokens also. The code is already in place. Until then, you have to use the client CT.

Cheers,
JPG

Bidmaron
April 13th, 2009, 04:27
Moon_wizard, I posted my testing results on FUM.

madman
April 14th, 2009, 12:27
Script Error: [string "charsheet_main:languagelist"]:1: attempt to index field 'value' (a nil value)

when trying to add a new language to a new character sheet i got this.

also skills on the mini sheet are not adding names for the skills

weapons dragged from the d20 equipment add an item into weapons when dropped but do not fill in any fields

madman
April 16th, 2009, 05:23
Script Error: [string "charsheet_skilllistitem:total"]:1: attempt to concatenate global 'sublabel' (a nil value)

the dice do not roll when i double click. but the field with no text rolls dice fine.
same for prof. craft, perform, etc.

Script Error: [string "charsheetmini_skillitem"]:1: attempt to index global 'labelnode' (a nil value)
skill names do not populate to mini sheet

Moon Wizard
April 17th, 2009, 20:02
Madman,

Thanks for all the bug catches.

On the skills, they will only display on the minisheet, if you select the checkbox to show them on the minisheet. Since there are so many skills in v3.5 D&D, it made more sense to simply have checkboxes to include skills that you wanted to see, instead of including them all and constantly be scrolling. This is the same for the inventory tab of the minisheet.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
April 17th, 2009, 20:29
I just posted a new link for the next development version that addresses all the bugs reported so far, and adds a few minor features.

Keep the feedback coming. Also, if you end up running a game with the development version, please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
JPG

madman
April 18th, 2009, 01:47
i thought i did not need to say when they were checked or not.
but the names do not populate. the line to hold the info is there.
the bonus box is there and correct. the double click works for roll.
but the names of the skills do not populate still. the roll just with [] for info.
perhaps it is a bug on my machine? WELL WITH 3.0.2 the mini sheet works do not know why if it did not change but it works. Thanks You

regardless
Thank You, For another update, your efforts are appreciated.
By more people than you know

Thx
Chris

i will be using 3.0.2 for game saturday
will post feedback!

the above error has been fixed for me with new 3.0.2 but the characters already made are missing the languages i have enterd and the line is there but the text is gone.
but adding a language to a new character is fixed. also the fix by Leonal restores the saved info but makes the previous error return.

Leonal
April 18th, 2009, 02:02
Thanks alot for the update!
With the 3.0.2 I get the following error when trying to input a new language on the main tab, or if loading a campaign with info already there. (using FG 2.4)

Script Error: [string "charsheet_main:languagelist"]:1: attempt to index field 'name' (a nil value)
I see line 16 changed from
<textlistitemvalue name="name"> in 3.0.1 to <textlistitemvalue name="value"> in 3.0.2
changing it back fixed the error.

((Is it possible to copy the errors from the console btw?^^;

madman
April 18th, 2009, 02:43
there is a file in main folder of fantasy grounds called console you can open and copy from

Chris

it is in the appdata folder

Leonal
April 18th, 2009, 03:03
Ah, thanks! I didn't think of looking there, always being in the Appdata one. (which it turned out to be..heh)

madman
April 18th, 2009, 04:39
it seems that i am getting alot of crashes when i use the red x to close windows. seems to be personalities at this point more than others but i will push the other stuff and see.

Chris

Moon Wizard
April 18th, 2009, 10:37
That's odd, since the red X is just calling the window.close() function. Nothing special. I haven't seen any crashed in my testing on either d20_JPG or 4E_JPG. Perhaps it's something unique to the personalities you created?

Fixed one language bug, and caused another. The correct fix is to change the "value" field back to "name" in charsheet_main.xml. Also, "createWindow().value.setFocus()" should be changed to "createWindow().name.setFocus()". That explains why previously entered languages disappeared.

Cheers,
JPG

madman
April 18th, 2009, 14:08
so then i guess it is my copy or my computer.
sorry for the trouble.

if i open 5-10 windows npc,items,maps etc and close them with exit x
it causes a crash. tried the same thing using the radial menu. and did not have a problem. restarted computer and such. and i can still recreate it. anyways just thought i would let you know about it.
even opening three characters up and closing them did the same.

Thanks
Chris

Moon Wizard
April 18th, 2009, 21:32
I'm definitely not saying that you are doing anything wrong with regards to the red X close button, or that I don't believe you. I'm just saying that I haven't seen the issue, which makes it hard to figure out where the problem might lie.

Also, anything that causes a hard crash in FG is almost impossible to debug due to lack of information about what caused the problem.

I tried opening about 20 windows on the host and about 12 windows on the client, then closing them with the red X. I wasn't able to get FG to crash. I'll keep an eye out to see if I can re-create and report to the SmiteWorks folks.

Cheers,
JPG

madman
April 19th, 2009, 00:02
it is probably my computer. the close button is new so using it is also new.
i will just use the radial menu.

just wanted to let you know just in case it was
something you should be aware of.

no hard feelings at all was just pointing it out.

Moon Wizard
April 19th, 2009, 06:21
Another revision posted at the FUM group. (v3.0.3) Should fix character language issue this time.

Cheers,
JPG