PDA

View Full Version : Story entries / Formatted text

Tenian
April 10th, 2009, 17:58
Is there any way to create a dragable number in a story entry? I know I can create links to various database items but if an encounter gives 50 gold is there a way for me to make that draggable?

Is there a way to embed carriage returns/paragraph markers inside a frame? Or is the only option to frame each paragraph separately?

Griogre
April 10th, 2009, 20:01
Obviously FG1 did. d20_reference.xml had the windowclass reference which called modifiers.xml in the database folder. My recollection is that originally FG2 did not. Then, I believe the capability was added. I remember none of the details though. :(

As far as I know you have to frame every paragraph - I never have been able to otherwise - and I tried.

Tenian
April 10th, 2009, 20:05
I think I could probably build a class that was a draggable number, but that seems like a lot of work. Maybe I'll give it a shot and actually try making one of those extension things so people who haven't seen the light of 4E can use it as well.

Bidmaron
April 11th, 2009, 11:53
I would really appreciate that, Tenian. I am one of those who hasn't seen the light on 4e, and with WotC's recent PDF gaff, I doubt I ever will. I agree with Uner on this, that 4e is D&D lite (I have the 3 core books and that's as far as I go).

Oberoten
April 11th, 2009, 16:59
I think I could probably build a class that was a draggable number, but that seems like a lot of work. Maybe I'll give it a shot and actually try making one of those extension things so people who haven't seen the light of 4E can use it as well.

The modifier extension perhaps?
https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Modifier_Collector

Tenian
April 11th, 2009, 17:37
Not quite as the modifier extension uses a separate window. I want it to be integrated into the story element