PDA

View Full Version : Error with Windows 7?

ElementEvil
April 8th, 2009, 07:11
I know you probably don't support windows 7, but I do love FGII. I installed it on my computer. Everything seemed to go fine. However when I go to manage local characters (and make a new character) the only field that shows up is name. The whole rest of the sheet is blank.

I had more luck with the 4e ruleset. The entire character sheet shows. Except two very specific things are still broken. 1.) the skills, I am unable to tick which skills are class or that I am trained in. It is as if the boxes don't exist. 2.) When clicking on a weapons attack type (ie. Dex vs AC) it doesn't respond. However unlike skills, when you mouse over the blank spot, it become highlighted as if interaction is possible, however you are still unable to select it.

Therefore my inquiry is this. Since changing rulesets provides different results is it possible that it is simply the rulesets themselves that are incompatible with windows 7? (I have tried running as administrator)

and yes, it is up to date

EDIT: clarification. This only happens in local management. I have been able to create a campaign and create characters as GM and affect skills(4e ONLY)(3.5 ruleset still fails to initiate proper char sheet). other than that there are no problems at all. I'm not sure about joining a hosted game, but I assume that would work too.

So maybe the new rulesets are compatible with FGII core, but not the management program? I dunno.

ElementEvil
April 8th, 2009, 07:24
This is a picture of a fresh character sheet for the 3.5 ruleset. and no, the little apostrophe does not affect anything. that was just a typo.

Tenian
April 8th, 2009, 12:45
Most rulesets do not support local characters. I know the 4E_JPG ruleset does not.

Rulesets need to be packaged in a certain way if they are to support local mode, this also makes updating them a pain. Since most rulesets remain in a continual state of development, they never get packaged to support local characters.

ElementEvil
April 8th, 2009, 15:57
I had no problem with any of the core rulesets before windows 7.

now I can't even use the basic ruleset provided with FGII. Even when hosting or joining a game, the only thing on the character sheet is the name, as shown above.

In fact, now the only character sheet that works with FGII is the 4e sheet. Granted you have to be either hosting or joining a game.

Perhaps FGII is corrupt and should be redownloaded and installed?

Tenian
April 8th, 2009, 16:15
I don't believe the foundation ruleset works with local characters yet either (although it might under the test client).

I believe the issue is before you had the d20 ruleset, this used to come with FGII by default. Now you have to get it off the downloads page (I believe that's where it is).

ElementEvil
April 8th, 2009, 16:40
Thanks, Ill check and see if there are any further problems with it. Probably find a test game to make sure everything is running.

however foundations does not work when attempting to host or join a game. is it just a dummy ruleset namespace?

Griogre
April 8th, 2009, 18:56
Make sure you click on the 3.5 extention on the foundation ruleset. It's not that obvious it's a checkbox but it's that grey square - a red dot should appear in the middle when you click it.

ElementEvil
April 11th, 2009, 08:43
yeah it had been checked. I just don't know. Fresh clean install and joined a game, but all that shows up is like what you see in the pic above