PDA

View Full Version : Some players can't use portraits

thrilljack
April 8th, 2009, 03:02
When we link up, some players can't use portraits.

I click on the portrait icon and I have the option to pick a portrait.

When 2 of my players click the portrait icon, they don't have the option of loading a pic. It's just blank.

They have pictures in their Portrait folder. What could be wrong?

Griogre
April 8th, 2009, 06:14
1) Are you sure the portrait folder in data apps has the portraits? 2) I have seen players put massive sized files in portraits - if they have megs of portraits it will take the portraits a while to load - ie its blank because of lag if they are loading a massive size files or a massive number of files. The other day I noticed I had a player whose portrait was 900K! Most portraits are like 9-12K. Ask the players how big their portrait folder is. I get slight but noticeable lag with a folder that is only 1.28 megs and 139 portraits.

thrilljack
April 8th, 2009, 06:21
yes, I'm quite positive they are in the folders.

Also, how much of a delay are we talking about? They have like 100 or so photos that are about 150x150 pixels.

Griogre
April 8th, 2009, 06:38
Well it might be a while - its a few seconds for me and my portraits are 64x64 so you are looking at a folder with something like a 4x greater file size than mine with 150x150 tokens (assuming 24 bit color). Tell them to wait a full minute. It sounds like lag to me.