PDA

View Full Version : Updater still not working

gmkieran
April 8th, 2009, 02:12
I had a previous thread going on this, but it's long buried and since the problem is still occurring, I thought I'd start a new one.

Running the Updater in FGII doesn't update FGII. I get the new release notes, but the version number never changes (current version reads 2.3.5, notes indicate 2.3.6) and other users tell me that errors I continue to experience have been corrected in the latest release they have updated to. In the past, running the updater created a second (or third or fourth) executable file (FantasyG.exe), but that no longer happens. The only way I have found to actually update to the latest version of the software is to re-download the installation exe from this web site, uninstall my existing copy and re-install. Needless to say, that has gotten old quickly. I am running XP Pro sp3 on an Athlon AMD machine with AVG (free) anti-virus and firewall software. Does anyone have ANY idea what might be causing this and/or how I can fix it?

Griogre
April 8th, 2009, 06:31
First you might e-mail [email protected]

Second, it does sound like the FG 2.4 might fix your problem.

This version also features an updated version of the updater, that should remedy issues with some DNS servers, causing the update process to get interrupted prematurely.
Version 2.4 is still in beta, it seems to be waiting on a fix for a crash with multiple extentions.

gmkieran
April 10th, 2009, 21:11
Thanks for the information. I'll keep my fingers crossed!