PDA

View Full Version : Can players be assigned other tokens to move?

Oberoten
April 4th, 2009, 18:55
Is there any simple way to unlock tokens so they are moveable by the players?

This'd open up a whole lot of nice board games. :) (( Bloodbowl, Warhammer etc comes to mind as games where placement would be vital. ))

Griogre
April 4th, 2009, 19:09
Pull them out of the shared token bag? Everyone can move something out of shared tokens. Every token from elsewhere is treated as if it came out of host tokens. If the token is on the combat tracker then players can only move their own characters.

The only real restriction on shared tokens is because you can't resize them from the combat tracker they do have to be in scale compared to the "board."

Oberoten
April 4th, 2009, 23:33
Hmmm the thing is that I'd love for this to be troops put on the combat-tracker.

Like making all Allies moveable by players would be the perfect solution.

- Obe

Oberoten
April 5th, 2009, 21:48
Hmmm... I see that if I mark a token in the registry as a PC it can be moved, this is in fact a bit of progress. But I can't seem to find where it checks if a token is set as a PC, NPC and allows/dissalows it to be moved.

Can I assign a player as a holder maybe somehow?

- Obe

Moon Wizard
April 6th, 2009, 00:35
In acquireReference function within combattracker_token.lua, the code that links the map token instance to the tokenfield in the CT sets attributes of the token instance. Specifically, if the token is a PC, it sets the token as visible initially; otherwise, it sets the token as non-modifiable. Only tokens which are set as modifiable can be moved by clients.

Cheers,
JPG

Oberoten
April 6th, 2009, 07:05
Glory. :) Then I will just modify that part to make them moveable if they are friendly. That should make things workable.

- Obe

Oberoten
April 6th, 2009, 07:17
THANK you Moon Wizard, that did indeed do the trick. I was just too stupid to look for it in the right place.

- Obe