PDA

View Full Version : Weird Dual Screen Token Problem

Wargamer777
April 3rd, 2009, 02:11
Here's a weird one:

My setup is using 2 21" Dell CRT's with FG stretched across both monitors. Now get this: When a map and tokens is on the left monitor I CAN NOT rotate, resize tokens or basically do ANYTHING with the wheel mouse actions.

IF I move the map/tokens to the right monitor, then I can rotate the tokens, resize the map and use all functions of the WHEEL.

Now that is weird...

Anyone got any ideas? I've tried disabling hardware acceleration on the left monitor, but no dice. It has to be something related to video driving that monitor, but of course it is coming from the same video card.

unerwünscht
April 3rd, 2009, 02:34
On the 2nd monitor make sure "Extend my Window desktop onto this monitor" is selected. And inside the nView Properties menu (nVidia, not sure what its called on others) Select "Prevent windows from opening off-screen" and "Enable window spanning across multiple displays"

That should give you the setup you need. If this won't do it for you let me know, there is a way to actually merge the two monitors so your computer detects them as one wide screen.

Wargamer777
April 3rd, 2009, 05:12
Yes, I have "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" selected.

I have an ATI Radeon video card. I couldn't find anything even remotely close to your second options.

I'm using the OMEGA drivers from OmegaDrivers.net as well.

Wargamer777
April 3rd, 2009, 05:42
I tried using UltraMon and MultiMon software to see if their resize application feature to both displays would work, but I got the same results.

I can't wheel mouse on the left display, but I can on the right display. Of course, the right display is listed as the primary monitor.

Griogre
April 3rd, 2009, 05:48
Hmm this is an odd one. On the dual monitor setup, in Display options does it show you monitor order to be the way it is? IE is the "1" monitor on the right and the "2" monitor on the left? Maybe they are backwards?

Wargamer777
April 3rd, 2009, 05:54
Yes, the 1 monitor is on the right and 2 is on the left.

What is also interesting is I CAN use the wheel mouse to scroll in Firefox on the left (2) monitor AND the right (1) monitor.

Griogre
April 3rd, 2009, 18:56
If you have another mouse lying around I would try it to see if it is the mouse somehow.

Wargamer777
April 3rd, 2009, 21:40
Yeah, didn't mention that, but I already tried that too, Griogre.

unerwünscht
April 3rd, 2009, 23:39
Ok... I will play around with the setting some more here, and see if I can duplicate the issue... However, I am going to have to go buy a mouse with a mouse wheel first. I use a three button trackball and had a scroll wheel on my old keyboard but I broke it so I have been without scroll wheel for about 8 months at this point.

However I would like to point out that when I have dual monitor set up most of my players complain about the map being too large etc... Never actually checked to see if something changes on their end or not, but I do know they complain a lot.

Griogre
April 3rd, 2009, 23:40
Hmm you shouldn't need any mouse drivers check and see if you have *any* mouse software installed - if so try uninstalling it.

Griogre
April 3rd, 2009, 23:44
Ok... I will play around with the setting some more here, and see if I can duplicate the issue... However, I am going to have to go buy a mouse with a mouse wheel first. I use a three button trackball and had a scroll wheel on my old keyboard but I broke it so I have been without scroll wheel for about 8 months at this point.

However I would like to point out that when I have dual monitor set up most of my players complain about the map being too large etc... Never actually checked to see if something changes on their end or not, but I do know they complain a lot.
They get the same map size as the GM so if they are say in, 800x600 or perhapse more realistically 1400x900, and you have the map open to 900x900 they can't see much but the map. If you have tons of screen and a high resolution then you can cover up everything with your map. Especially if they have a mini sheet and combat tracker open too.

@ OP The mouse thing sounds like the corrdinates are simply not working for the mouse wheel. You might check and see also if you have any odd wheel settings.

Wargamer777
April 4th, 2009, 00:07
I did have different mouse software installed, but I uninstalled it. Same result. Nothing odd in control panel for the mouse settings.

The wheel mouse works fine in both left and right monitors in any other application but fantasy grounds.

Tenian
April 4th, 2009, 02:22
Are you running FGII maximized across both screens? Maybe it's some DirectX thing. I run 2 screens but keep FGII in a window and the mouse wheel works on both.

Wargamer777
April 4th, 2009, 02:28
Nope.. running in windowed mode.

Griogre
April 4th, 2009, 19:26
Just as a wild *** guess try making your left monitor your main and your right monitor your secondary.

My best guess right now it that some part of your mouse driver is confused and may have cordinates out of sync with your actual mouse location. So by switching your monitors I'm hoping your put things back in sync or get it to re-initialize.

If that doesn't work I would suggest you go to the control panel, look at your mouse drivers and if they are anything else than the microsoft ones revert to the microsoft ones.

Wargamer777
April 9th, 2009, 04:07
Griogre: That worked! Very weird. I just made my left monitor the main and right monitor the seconday and now I can wheel mouse on both with FG stretched across them.

Griogre
April 9th, 2009, 19:42
Sounds like someone was bad and made an assumption in that mouse driver where the wheel mouse code is.