PDA

View Full Version : Can't roll dice from chat commandline

peterb
April 2nd, 2009, 13:27
I use FG 2.3.6.

When using the standard d20, Call of Cthulu or Castles and Crusaders rulesets I get an error when entering the command "/die [1d100]" (or any other die combination) in the chat window. FG only returns "0". I've tested the d20_JPG ruleset and that one works.

Draging dice and double clicking works.

zabulus
April 2nd, 2009, 13:57
How about when you leave out the brackets, so: "/die d100" ?
That works for me in standard d20

peterb
April 2nd, 2009, 14:33
Strange... I did quite some tests earlier in a ruleset I'm customizing, both with and withour brackets and it didn't work. Then I tested with brackets (because that's how the slash command help file at FGwiki describes the command) using several rulesets and it didn't work. Now when FG has been shutdown for a while and restarted the command works without brackets in my ruleset and others. With brackets the result is "0".

Sorry if I caused any uneccessary work. I guess we need to update or clarify the wiki...

zabulus
April 2nd, 2009, 15:48
I guess the brackets are on the wiki, because you could also put d6 or d20 or other dice there. Placing brackets around variable syntaxis is a commonly used method, perhaps it should be clarified on the wiki by putting an example with it.