PDA

View Full Version : need a game

chubacamanman
March 31st, 2009, 22:46
ok i need a game for demos

unerwünscht
March 31st, 2009, 22:55
Need a little more information.

Are you looking to join a game with the demo version, join a game using a lite/full version, or have others join your game so you can see what can be done as a DM? Also are you just looking for a one shot demo session, or are you actually looking to play a game with plot/intrigue?

chubacamanman
April 1st, 2009, 01:27
is there another person playing

chubacamanman
April 1st, 2009, 01:28
i just want to play a game

Spyke
April 1st, 2009, 12:57
Because of the nature of tabletop roleplaying, games require a certain amount of preparation, and players can rarely jump straight in, in the way that's possible with MMO games.

You might be lucky and find a group just starting up a game with a spare slot when you post, but you're far more likely to to be successful if you give us your timezone, the type of game you want to play (e.g. D&D 4e), whether you're just looking to try out the software or willing to commit to a longer campaign.

From your original post I guess that you've only got the demo version and you're looking to hook up with some other people to try that out. Is that right?

Spyke

chubacamanman
April 1st, 2009, 16:58
do the GURPs work for demo

Spyke
April 1st, 2009, 17:08
do the GURPs work for demoI'm afraid not. The demo is self-contained and one of the restrictions is that you can't load other rulesets. However, the default d20 ruleset works fine for exploring the features of the software.

Spyke

chubacamanman
April 1st, 2009, 17:12
where do i get the rules

Spyke
April 1st, 2009, 17:12
Incidentally, it's possible to run the demo twice on the same machine, with one instance acting as host and the other joining as a player. This will let you explore all the features, seeing both the GM and the player view.

Spyke

Spyke
April 1st, 2009, 17:13
where do i get the rulesThe demo comes with the d20 ruleset built in. Have you played D&D or another pen and paper role-playing game before?

Spyke

chubacamanman
April 1st, 2009, 17:15
real one yes kinda but another game like this i can't find another game like this

chubacamanman
April 1st, 2009, 17:16
yes but i need a free one

Spyke
April 1st, 2009, 17:24
yes but i need a free oneFantasy Grounds is a commercial program, you can't play for free using the demo. However I can recommend Fantasy Grounds very highly. It's worth every penny.

Heruca maintains a list of the available virtual tabletop programs (https://www.battlegroundsgames.com/links.html) on his site, and this includes some free options. However, you should take a look at the ones that cost a bit as well. You'll be happiest with software that really suits the way you want to play, and the cost is soon justified by the many evenings spent playing games (rather than going out spending money!).

Spyke

chubacamanman
April 1st, 2009, 17:37
looked and cheacked all of them

chubacamanman
April 2nd, 2009, 13:46
checked all of the free and can u join a demo game