PDA

View Full Version : New D&D player looking for a game

VMonster
March 30th, 2009, 17:55
Hello,

I have never played D&D before, but I have done some light roleplaying experience. I have read the players handbook for one of the version of D&D, but that was a few years ago. I am very interested in learning to play if someone is willing to teach.

My only relevant experience is from playing RPG videogames (Elder Scrolls series) and from the Heroquest board game (which seems like an extremely watered down version of D&D). I was also in the RPG club in High School were I played with one other person and a GM. Our games had no dice, but were a lot of fun.

If you are interested in leading/teaching a new player in an adventure please let me know. I live in Massachusetts and have most nights free after 8pm and sometimes earlier on Saturday and Sunday.

Thank You

PrahvianMan
March 30th, 2009, 19:11
I am trying to get at least 6 players for my campaign "Ambercromby's Quest" and looking for people who can play Friday evenings 6:00pm Mountain time (8:00pm Eastern). I am in Mountain Time zone GM-7. You may want to check my campaign out in the calendar. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=373 Be glad to have you join us.

I am using 3.5e rules using Fantasy Grounds II tabletop to play with. I have DM'ed for several years back in the 80's. I am new to this this talbetop software though. I am converting all of my own campaigns to newer D&D rules systems. Looking for players that love to role play and not just bash heads although there will be plenty of opportunity for that.

You can find an Introduction and background to my world of Prahh at httP://www.skycastleproductions.com

Hope to see you in the game.

Vishera
March 31st, 2009, 18:13
Awesome, I'm in.. even though it is 3.5 I still enjoy the game.

willquestion
April 1st, 2009, 13:34
I'm putting together at graveyard shift 4e group if you're interested. It would start at midnight CT and end 3am or 4am. It would be one of the week days but it hasn't been chosen yet. Here's my post if you want more details.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10027

Cheers,
Will

cpbs
April 1st, 2009, 18:07
Hello,

I have never played D&D before, but I have done some light roleplaying experience. I have read the players handbook for one of the version of D&D, but that was a few years ago. I am very interested in learning to play if someone is willing to teach.

My only relevant experience is from playing RPG videogames (Elder Scrolls series) and from the Heroquest board game (which seems like an extremely watered down version of D&D). I was also in the RPG club in High School were I played with one other person and a GM. Our games had no dice, but were a lot of fun.

If you are interested in leading/teaching a new player in an adventure please let me know. I live in Massachusetts and have most nights free after 8pm and sometimes earlier on Saturday and Sunday.

Thank You

I am running a high level adventure, possibly take a month or two, to complete. Nothing long lasting. If you would like to join, please sign up here.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=385