PDA

View Full Version : base.xml Issue

Vishera
March 30th, 2009, 03:25
I just installed FGII and it loaded up fine and all, when i went in to host a game it says "Could not load ruleset root file base.xml do you want to try to reloading the data?

soo... how do I fix this?:confused:

Griogre
March 30th, 2009, 08:35
If you have the full version of FG, typically this means your version of Fantasy Grounds is not the latest version and the ruleset is for the latest version. Make sure you have version 2.3.6. It could also be the other way around also, ie a current version of FG2 but your trying to run a FG1 ruleset.

If you have the lite version of FG then you are probably trying to build a local character. Only PAK rulesets allow lite versions to build a local character and they are not typical. If your ruleset did not have an installer then it is a folder ruleset and doesn't support building local characters - you'll need to log into your GM's server and build the character there.

Vishera
March 30th, 2009, 12:18
ah thats what it is, I have a d20pak so I think its trying to run a lite version. I finally got it to work with d20_JPG. Also, I am trying to get 4e to work but Im getting a crazy error in the coding.

Haeshka
May 16th, 2009, 04:03
I am having a similar problem --

I just recently installed FG2 on my computer (I run Vista). I tried to load the base rule-set (the one labeled d20), but, I always receive an error message saying,

"could not load ruleset rule file base.xml"

After this appears -- the program shuts down.

I am not sure how to locate/get this 'base.xml' file -- under the 'Application Data Folder', I can see the rulesets folder -- but, there is nothing initially in there.

Alternatively, I tried loading the 'foundation' option that also appears -- this brings me to the screen where I can roll dice, but, I am unable to open any modules/character sheets.

I was sure to select the 'update' button when I first installed the program. I have also verified that my license key is correct (including the dashes). What am I doing wrong? How can I get a hold of this 'base.xml' file?

Haeshka
May 16th, 2009, 04:23
Answered elsewhere -- thanks!

psyliguy
May 28th, 2009, 21:10
I'm installing FG(2.3.6) on a friends comp (XP Pro) and we are having the same issue.

Thus far:
Installed latest FG and updated twice just to be sure. Downloaded latest 4E ruleset from FGWiki. Installed the ruleset to AppData and FG recognizes it, but when we try to make a character, we get the "Could not load ruleset root file base.xml" error.

What ultimately led to you figuring this all out?

EDIT: So, we're running the Lite version, which does not allow local rulesets! /headbonk When I get our DM to log on, we'll be go-time for pro-time.