PDA

View Full Version : 4th Edition Ruleset? An extremely newbie question.

radioboyeric
March 29th, 2009, 16:11
Ok, I'm finally going to try BGII but I'm trying to find the correct download for the 4th edition ruleset. Is there multiple versions from various people out there? Which is THE one to download? Is the one from MoonWizard on FG Wiki the ruleset for 4th edition that everyone use or is it particular to certain GMs that might have created one of their own.

Sorry if this was totally newbie, but it was kind of tough to find the answer to these questions. If it is just the MoonWizard ruleset then that answers my question.

Thanks in advance
Cheers!

EugeneZ
March 29th, 2009, 18:51
The only 4e ruleset I know of is moon_wizard's (JPG's) 4e_JPG... and once you install it you'll understand why no other DMs have bothered...

Welcome to FG2, hope you enjoy it as much as we have.

radioboyeric
March 29th, 2009, 19:02
Very cool! And thanks for the quick response!

Vishera
March 30th, 2009, 05:00
where might I get ahold of this by moon_wizard?

Oberoten
March 30th, 2009, 08:23
https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/D%26D_4E

Should do it.

- Obe

eleran
April 5th, 2009, 13:08
OK, I downloaded the ruleset. The readme says to put it into the rulesets directory in FG2, but there is no such directory.

What am I missing?

Leonal
April 5th, 2009, 14:24
Go to Fantasy Grounds in your start menu, click and open [Application Data Folder]. You then put the ruleset in the [rulesets] folder there.

Spyke
April 5th, 2009, 14:24
The readme is referring to FG's application data folders rather than the program folder. These are in different locations depending on whether you are running XP or Vista, but you'll find a link to them on your Start menu in the Fantasy Grounds section.

Spyke

eleran
April 5th, 2009, 14:30
Thanx, all good now.

Helmer
April 5th, 2009, 22:16
What if you have no ruleset folder?

I have

Cache
Campaigns
Characters
extensions
modules
portraits

Spyke
April 5th, 2009, 22:34
What if you have no ruleset folder?Just create one. Note it should be 'rulesets', plural, not 'ruleset'.

Spyke

Griogre
April 6th, 2009, 22:36
Also if you have the lite version you don't need to add the ruleset because you get it when you connect to the GM's server.

nezzir
April 24th, 2009, 07:06
https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/D%26D_4E

Should do it.

- Obe

Obe,

There is a mispelling on the WFRP2 Wiki page. It's Roleplay, not Ruleplay, though it did make me laugh.

You can also add the Dark Heresy Ruleset to the Wiki if you like. Links are in my sig.

Nice Wiki.

theshard
April 30th, 2009, 15:58
Ok I have downloaded FGII and the 4e ruleset and put them in the application data folder in a folder named "rulesets". I start FGII and go to "Create and View Local Characters" then select "4E_JPG" ruleset. I get the error message:

"Could not load ruleset root file base.xml
Do you want to try reloading the data?"

If I click yes, it gives me the same message. If I click no, it exits the program.

What am I missing?

Tenian
April 30th, 2009, 16:06
Local Characters are not supported. You need to create a campaign or connect to a full version hosting a campaign

theshard
April 30th, 2009, 16:47
Ok thanks. Guess I will have to wait for my GM to come online before I can enter my character.

darkmaer
June 5th, 2009, 04:35
ordered my 4e books bought a license and now i got the ruleset. now to find some games when i'm done studying the books (newb to D&D to begin with basically)

Xorn
June 5th, 2009, 12:39
You're coming into it on the best edition. (Opinion.) :)

darkmaer
June 6th, 2009, 02:46
aye it seems so from what I've been reading. I can understand the people that enjoyed 3e (which i have those books, I just never found a group and I'm just learning about the virtual table tops). For the new player it seems to be less overwhelming with technicalities of rules and more about enjoying the game with a group of people. Yeah I'm really looking forward to it. (amazon estimates June 9th I'll be receiving my books...excited to dig in:D )