PDA

View Full Version : Call of Cthulhu, 28th @ 7pm (PST)

Zoetrope
March 28th, 2009, 14:46
Number 2 of my Intro to Call of Cthulhu, for people who haven't played it before and want to give it a go. This is a different adventure to that which is on the Campaign list, so current players of that game should not participate.

The game will kick off at 7pm PST (GMT-8) on Saturday 28th March, equivalent to 10pm EST (GMT-5) or 1pm AEDT (GMT+10, Sun 29th).

It will begin with character creation and then a short intro adventure, so people can get a feel for the system and how it works. This is will not lead into a campaign, but aim to let people decide if they like the system and want to play/GM. :)

If anyone is interested in participating (looking for 2-4 players) then send me a PM and I'll provide you the server alias to log in. You can generate a character in advance of the game using the Byakhee generator found here (https://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/haven/4173/byakhee.html)and reading the QuickStart rules found here (https://www.chaosium.com)(but don't read the adventure!!). :D

Cheers,
Z

howerd.phillips
March 29th, 2009, 22:49
How did it work out? Let me know if you start a campaign, GMT-5 here.

Rook
March 29th, 2009, 23:44
I'm also at the GMT-5...hint hint :)

Zoetrope
March 29th, 2009, 23:49
I ran the introductory adventure "The Haunting" from the rulebook, which is a good first pass of learning/understanding how Call of Cthulhu plays. There was only one player, but he took two characters to see how the different skills work.

The scenario went very well, played out over 4-5 hours with the characters confronting the "Haunting" and solving the mystery! It's a good way to get introduced to the concepts of Cthulhu and how it all works.

I think the player enjoyed it, at least! :D

As for a campaign, that is the ultimate aim to run a regular weekly game using something like Masks of Nyarlathotep, Shadows of Yog-Sothoth or the like. The difficulty will be working around interested player timezones!! :confused:

Cheers,
Z

Zoetrope
March 29th, 2009, 23:51
Well the player was at GMT-7 (I think...), but that means me running a game at 1pm in the afternoon to work..... Would have to be a weekend thing, which requires some thought. ;)

I'm also at the GMT-5...hint hint :)