PDA

View Full Version : Four Ugly Monsters is online with an upgrade

joshuha
March 28th, 2009, 05:40
Just wanted to let you all know I finished the upgrades on Four Ugly Monsters. We completed changed out our forum system as well as our community backend. However, we were able to copy everything over from those old systems.

You'll notice the new Groups/Friends/etc. are more Web 2.0/Facebook like and allow our users to connect to each other and view each others activities in ways the previous components cannot do.

Please note the link for the upcoming FUMcon virtual tabletop convention should be https://fumcon.fouruglymonsters.com.

To-do list:
1) Implement a New Posts since last visit link.
2) Group specific events
3) Tweak layout elements of various components.

If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know on the website. Thanks.

https://www.fouruglymonsters.com

notacceptable
March 28th, 2009, 15:32
yay! Thanks for working so hard to update it!

PneumaPilot
March 28th, 2009, 19:48
Sweet. I'm looking forward to seeing more about FUMCon. I'd almost like to participate somehow (I'm a pastor and stay pretty busy, that's why I'm a little skittish). I would love to demo the nWoD for folks, but it would have to work out with my schedule.

ssj4megaman
March 29th, 2009, 10:03
Sweet. I'm looking forward to seeing more about FUMCon. I'd almost like to participate somehow (I'm a pastor and stay pretty busy, that's why I'm a little skittish). I would love to demo the nWoD for folks, but it would have to work out with my schedule.

Thats awesome a pastor playing a game which only 20 years was considered by the general populous as devilish and evil. Thank God times have changed where we can get together and have some fun without people thinking you are evil.

Ged
March 29th, 2009, 14:48
Nice work! I have two questions though: 1. should the old accounts (username+password) be working on the FUM site (I might just have forgotten mine)? 2. where did the FG related forum go :p?

Spyke
March 29th, 2009, 16:22
Nice work! I have two questions though: 1. should the old accounts (username+password) be working on the FUM site (I might just have forgotten mine)? 2. where did the FG related forum go :p?I've noticed that a few users who were in the GURPS group at FUM have disappeared, so it may be that the update lost some members.

Spyke

joshuha
March 29th, 2009, 19:27
Nice work! I have two questions though: 1. should the old accounts (username+password) be working on the FUM site (I might just have forgotten mine)? 2. where did the FG related forum go :p?

1) Yes only 2 accounts did not get transferred over and I have contacted those users.

2) It was there but I had forgot to setup the new permissions for it. Should be available now.

We have been getting feedback about group discussions and editing your own posts and I am working on getting those back to working as intended.

Spyke
March 29th, 2009, 19:31
1) Yes only 2 accounts did not get transferred over and I have contacted those users.

2) It was there but I had forgot to setup the new permissions for it. Should be available now.

We have been getting feedback about group discussions and editing your own posts and I am working on getting those back to working as intended.Thanks Joshuha,

Spyke

PneumaPilot
March 30th, 2009, 21:46
Thats awesome a pastor playing a game which only 20 years was considered by the general populous as devilish and evil. Thank God times have changed where we can get together and have some fun without people thinking you are evil.

Oh, don't get me wrong. There is very much in the World of Darkness games that is still devilish and evil, but there is also very much in the real world that is devilish and evil. There is also very much in the Bible that is devilish and evil (a guy getting drunk and sleeping with his two daughters comes to mind). Evil human action is all around us. Good stories involve evil to some respect. You don't have to imitate the evil to enjoy a game like WoD, though. In our game, the bad guys do bad things, and our characters do bad things, and they suffer consequences for them. Actually the morality system is a very good way to explore the consequences of our actions.

mr_h
March 30th, 2009, 22:53

I wonder if he gives a bonus to your Saving Throws...

:D