The Library contains reference data for all data modules that have been activated for this FG session. To view the reference data for a module, select the module in the left hand pane of the Library window, then select the topic in the right hand pane.
Modules are bundled packs of data and/or tokens for use in Fantasy Grounds.
The GM controls access to all modules via the Module Activation windows. By default, modules are not loaded until activated by the user. The data module activation window is available via the Library window accessible via the tabletop sidebar menu. The token module activation window is available via the Tokens window accessible via the tabletop sidebar menu. If a module has both tokens and data, it will show up in both activation windows. (In some older rulesets, the module activation window is a separate button at the upper right of the tabletop sidebar.)
To activate or deactivate a module, double-click on the module entry in the module activation window. (In some older rulesets, it is necessary to drag the book icon open/shut to activate/deactivate.)
When module tokens are loaded, a separate bag will appear in the Tokens window with the name of the module, and contain any tokens loaded from the module.
When module data is loaded, the data usually appears in these locations:
- Campaign data (Stories, NPCs, Encounters, Items, Parcels) are usually stored in separate tabs located at the bottom of each of the campaign data windows accessible via the tabletop sidebar.
- Calendar data is accessible via the Calendars window when selecting a calendar
- Reference data is usually accessible via the Library window.
The GM has complete control of which modules can be accessed by players of their campaign. By default, the module access for a given module is either blocked or undefined (depending on the module creator).
To set a module access state, the GM can drag one of the module access buttons (Block or Allow) at the bottom of the module activation window onto a module entry.
Here are the available access states:
- Undefined: This module is visible to the players, but can not be loaded by players. Attempts to load will generate a notice on the GM chat window.
- Block: This module is not visible to the players, and can not be loaded by players.
- Allow: This module is visible to the players, and can be loaded by the players if desired.
The GM can create a module of campaign data based on the contents of the current campaign. To bring up the Export window, click the Export button in the Module Activation window, or type /export in the chat entry box. One of the best practices for this feature is to create a campaign specifically for each module, so that it can be updated at a later date and re-exported.
A summary of the fields in the module export window:
- File name: The name to give the module file when stored on disk.
- Thumbnail: The name of an image file to associate with the module. The thumbnail files for the provided modules are 75x86 pixels.
- Name: The name of the module to display in the Module Activation and Library windows.
- Category: The name of the module category to display under in the Library window.
- Author: The name of the module author to display in the Module Activation window.
- Merge ID: A unique ID that can be specified to allow campaign data from multiple data modules with the same merge ID to be grouped together in the campaign data windows.
- Exported Data: Click the check box to export all data from a particular campaign data category. Also, individual record shortcuts can be dragged onto this list from the campaign data windows to provide more granular export.
- Exported Tokens: Drag and drop any tokens that should be exported. Any non-module, non-ruleset tokens referenced by the exported data will be included in the module automatically.