DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... Last

Pathfinder RPG Ruleset

So I've been scouring the forums / internet to see if someone has done some work on converting the d20 SRD ruleset into the Pathfinder ruleset and haven't had any luck at all. While I've considered doing it myself, I don't have that much experience with LUA or XML. That being said I didn't think it would be that big of a change as most of the changes would be simple to make. Does anyone know where I could find one or know of anyone that has already done some legwork on making a Pathfinder RPG ruleset?

Thanks!

As I understand it there is no reason you can't use the d20 ruleset for Pathfinder. The differances would be in the referance materials not the actual ruleset. I have not read Pathfinder in a long time but my understanding is they really just changed skills, feats, ect. The core mechanics and character sheet are still the same as in d20.

If you want to modify the skill list presented in the character sheet, it's located at the bottom of the charsheet_skilllist.lua files in the table called skilldata. Modify the entries here and the skill list in the character sheet will be changed.

I'm afraid I don't know Pathfinder, so I can't say how close or not it it to the basic d20 SRD to be able to suggest any other minor changes that may be needed.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

I will be switching to Pathfinder when it goes final. Right now, all their materials use standard 3.5, so I don't see any reason to switch yet.

I easily edited the skill list to be converted to Pathfinder. I attempted to change the formula that calculated skill points, but I was unsuccessful. As it stands we'll probably just manually put in all the skill points and add the +3 bonus for class skills manually as well. Thanks for the information so far, and if anyone has any suggestions as to how to change the skill formula I'd love to attempt to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarina
    I easily edited the skill list to be converted to Pathfinder. I attempted to change the formula that calculated skill points, but I was unsuccessful. As it stands we'll probably just manually put in all the skill points and add the +3 bonus for class skills manually as well. Thanks for the information so far, and if anyone has any suggestions as to how to change the skill formula I'd love to attempt to change it.
    I actually just finished up an extension last night that handles the skills; throws some pools on the front page; and changes Grapple to CMB on the combat tab.

I'm still considering it a work in progress; once I get the character sheet extension done, I was thinking of making an entire ruleset to grab a bunch of the convenience functions that other rulesets are using (double-clicks, etc.).

I did just upload it (as well as a couple other minor extensions I've made) to the FGWiki if you're interested.

Any updates on this? I really like the Pathfinder rules after reading through the beta pdf, and would like to convert my current campaign to it.

I tried the extension, but could only get it to work with d20, and not with moon_wizards d20_JPG which I prefer by far. (edited the extension xml to point to the correct ruleset)

I'm don't have much knowledge of scripting or xml writing, but I managed to change the displayed grapple to CMB, and also change the skill names thanks to Notepad++ and some searching.

My main problem is how to remove halfranks from non class-skills and make every skill get one rank per point used.
    I looked in the charsheet_skillranks.lua and charsheet_skills.xml, but was rather confused.

Is there a somewhat simple way, like removing every 0.5, or disabling some functions or the like?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Leonal; April 16th, 2009 at 15:01.

I would like to see a PathfinderRPG ruleset. I am trying to use PathfinderRPG rules with the d20 ruleset, but the skill formula is a big bummer. Also, some of those features (like a PC combat tracker) are really missed in the ruleset I'm using.

I would use the d20_jpg as your starting point. It is the most feature-rich 3.5 ruleset available.

As Bidmaron said I'd use the d20_JPG ruleset (found at fouruglymonsters.com), and then try the extension posted here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=10122 three posts from the bottom.

Thread Information