Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Some Encounter Maps

Just thought I would share a few maps I made.

Random encounter Forrest Maps. They are nothing to write home about, but very useful.

Chris
    Last edited by madman; January 17th, 2012 at 04:57.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

A Few More.

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

These are great Chris - thanks for sharing. They'll go in my "useful maps that can be used at any time" module for instant application to an unplanned campaign encounter... Using the layers extension and some of the campsite tokens from the Forest and Mountains module or any other tokens will allow me to use these again and again - for random encounters while travelling or for campsite encounters.

This makes me think - just rotating cool images such as these makes them look different to the players, I wonder how easy it would be (if it is possible at all without having to reload the image) to modify the layers extension to allow image rotation within FG?!? Hhhmmm... Ponder, ponder....

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    They'll go in my "useful maps that can be used at any time" module for instant application to an unplanned campaign encounter... Using the layers extension and some of the campsite tokens from the Forest and Mountains module or any other tokens will allow me to use these again and again - for random encounters while travelling or for campsite encounters
    Thanks for sharing how you handled this. I got caught exactly in that situation yesterday - a random encounter in a hilly woodland without a nearby map ready to manage it. I ended up skipping the encounter (humbug) rather than pausing the flow of the game.

Say, would you happen to know where I could get a good set of "decor" tokens? I only have a handful so far.

That would give these and others much more use. I can never have enough maps for sure. That would be a cool feature.

As I make them I will post more.

Chris

@ lachancery try here for tons of stuff
    Last edited by madman; January 17th, 2012 at 04:03.

Quote Originally Posted by lachancery
    Say, would you happen to know where I could get a good set of "decor" tokens? I only have a handful so far.
    You can get lots and lots with the CSUAC - a massive (600MB) set of images - primarily used for mapping software such as Campaign Cartographer, Dunjinni, Fractal Mapper, etc. But, perfect to select a few of these as tokens for dragging onto your maps!

Link to a CSUAC download site

CSUAC download sites very often move around, as I believe there is an issue with the artists of some of the symbols withdrawing their permission to use their symbols. So, get them while you can...

Karma added - love shared content, thanks Madman.

As for CSUAC, I presonally have found it easily to acquire it as a torrent file in the past. It's a handy bunch of bits for VTT gaming, that's for sure.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Thanks Madman & Trenloe! I should have asked before, these are fantastic resources.

Thanks so much! I will definately get a lot of use out of these!

Some more I made some time ago.

Chris
    Last edited by madman; January 18th, 2012 at 01:38.

Thread Information