DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Library Module Maker

ok this is the first release of a simple but effective tool.
    I posted once in the gurps forums but now it will handle making other library modules.

mods (for gurps_4enhanced and oberotens mod storage ext)
    referencetext
    referenceindex
    referencetextwide

Please let me know if you would like other references supported.

for basic info view this thread:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...39&postcount=1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by saithan
    ok this is the first release of a simple but effective tool.
    I posted once in the gurps forums but now it will handle making other library modules. (. . .)
    Cool!

Even if the app isn't resizeable ATM -and I understand that handling tables would be asking too much-, this is what I was asking to SmiteWorks: a sensible way of ease the creation of FG2 Library content... and here is it from saithan's hands.

Thank you. The app works great!
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Except that it's super specific...?

Quote Originally Posted by demonsbane
    Cool!

Even if the app isn't resizeable ATM -and I understand that handling tables would be asking too much-, this is what I was asking to SmiteWorks: a sensible way of ease the creation of FG2 Library content... and here is it from saithan's hands.

Thank you. The app works great!

at the time video was made the video it was specific. Now however it makes libraries for the references listed above.

it now supports making libraries for the following as well as gurps specific mods
    referencetext
    referenceindex
    referencetextwide

but I will ask this again from those interested.

If your ruleset uses different library references and you want it supported let me know either here or message.

Blog Entries
    saithan - nice work.

I had been thinking about writing such a tool myself as all my current tools are keyed to the 4E ruleset and a few people have requested tools like this for other rulesets.

I was planning to sit down later this week to begin pulling the tool together having written some small prototype routines last week which can read any ruleset's XML files to **learn** rulesets specific class definitions.

The routines are simple enough in principal, one to loop through the app data/rulesets folder reading all the XML files for each ruleset and storing all the definitions in internal memory structures and then a second to create a Windows form with appropriate fields based upon the XML definitions for the class for data entry. The intention being to release a tool that could work with any ruleset without the need to hardcode specific support.

Now that you have your tool released though, I'll put this to the back of the priority list as I have several other projects which I'd like to also do.

Keep up the good work and have some rep.

DrZ.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitched
    Except that it's super specific...?
    What saithan said. The only thing that is specific here, are the entries for Modifiers, which are linked to a feature that ATM only the GURPS 4e ruleset (enhanced) is using, and Oberoten.

Instead, referencetext entries, referencetextwide entries and referenceindex entries... these are common and useable for any ruleset (or most of them). Like the specifications for making a common.xml file, a client.xml file or a db.xml file for your library module. The same about the formatting buttons for the <p>, <b> and <i> tags (line-paragraph, bold letters, italic letters). I can't see anything specific here

Nonetheless, if anyone feels himself a bit lost with these references, please check this invaluable asset by SoulOfTheReaver: The Module Making Manual v 1.2
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."

Wolfgang Smith

Quote Originally Posted by saithan
    at the time video was made the video it was specific. Now however it makes libraries for the references listed above.

it now supports making libraries for the following as well as gurps specific mods
    referencetext
    referenceindex
    referencetextwide

but I will ask this again from those interested.

If your ruleset uses different library references and you want it supported let me know either here or message.

Two things : Use the class mod or modsmall and it'll go directly even to the older versions of the modcollector.

... and if you increase the range of bonuses to include even 5's over 10 (15, 20, 25, 30, 35) it'd become really useful for Warhammer and other % based gamed.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

you can type into the bunus area any value you like

A lot of work has been done to make this tool far more universal.
    there is still work to do but it is well enough to make a new release this weekend maybe.

but here is a sneak peek:
    https://www.livestream.com/vttrpgs/v...3-f2f355e92e23
    please feel free to share your thoughts

Thumbs up

I'm using it right now for making Library content for my Fantasy Grounds 2 setup.

Just two words:

GREAT APPLICATION!
    M.C. Escher

Wolfgang Smith

Thread Information