STAR TREK 2d20
Page 37 of 52 First ... 27353637383947 ... Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by 5lippy View Post
    I love DCC. I have loaded this up and without creating a bunch of characters and creating NPC's I cannot see yet what this module can do.

Is there a way to create your own NPC's in Fastasy Grounds ? Thinking of maybe remaking a DCC module for example, how to I get the creatures in ?
    This is just like any other FG ruleset, but without any premade material (due to copyright). You can add your own record (NPCs, etc.) via the buttons down the right side of the desktop.

I’d recommend reading through the first few pages of the User Guide in the Wiki and also watching some of the getting started videos (also isn’t the Wiki) to get the basics regarding using Fantasy Grounds.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    We need a good user guide for this. I have been putting it off for quite some time. My videos were from the older version and no longer relevant, so I removed them.

Are videos preferable to a text document? I don’t see myself doing both.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    We need a good user guide for this. I have been putting it off for quite some time. My videos were from the older version and no longer relevant, so I removed them.

Are videos preferable to a text document? I don’t see myself doing both.
    My opinion?
    The one that you are most willing to do is the best one!

Written doco is ultimately better as it is easier to maintain as changes happen - although the ruleset is pretty much done these days other than maintenance I suspect?
    If you do videos I believe short videos on a specific topic at 1-5mins each are best otherwise its hard to find the piece of info you seek.

As a newb, any kind of reference is good.

I'm still getting used to FG and the way it works with rulesets etc.

I would a video series showing how to create a DCC style adventure - love DCC.

Blog Entries
    Updated to v3.0.6:

• Compatibility with CoreRPG 3.3.6
    • NPC skills added to SP field (special properties) will parse for dice rolls

Download link on first page of thread. Report bugs here.

Blog Entries
    Latest downloaded and as always, thank you!
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Just found and grabbed this today...

Both looking forward to and dreading entering in all the info...

In my limited experience with DCC this is the one thing I've found that I count as a strike against GG... the lack of support for the DCC ruleset here on FG.

@leozelig: KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK ON THIS!! :thumbs up:

Blog Entries
    Thanks CtG! I would love to share my data modules with the community - the ruleset is really handicapped without them. I have moved on from DCC even though I still update the ruleset. I don’t see how the Crawler’s Companion can exist for free, but we still don’t have an official ruleset for FG. They lost me there...

Blog Entries
    I have inquired and poked around and never get a response from them on doing anything about supporting the rule set. I will try again, but they just do not seem to be interested. I have most of the rulebook entered at this point.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thread Information