5E Character Create Playlist
Page 6 of 25 First ... 4567816 ... Last

Thread: NPC Engineer

I'm having a couple issues. When I put in a description, it adds a \lang1033 in front of the description that FG just displays as text. Also, when saving NPCs and then reloading them, it seems the Size is lost and not reloaded as that field shows blank.

Quote Originally Posted by limpinjezus View Post
    I'm having a couple issues. When I put in a description, it adds a \lang1033 in front of the description that FG just displays as text. Also, when saving NPCs and then reloading them, it seems the Size is lost and not reloaded as that field shows blank.
    Hiya, and sorry about the issues.

The second one is easily fixed - in fact it already is, but hasn't been uploaded yet. A few bugs were spotted and conveyed to me on Discord last night so I am fixing all of those. There will be a new version later tonight or tomorrow. Programmers among you will not be surprised to hear it was a capital letter issue that caused this bug.

The first one is more vexing. The Rich Edit control uses RTF and RTF is the stupidest thing I have had to deal with in this whole programming lark. I have to strip out all those daft codes to get to what I need. I thought I'd managed, but it seems different computer or operating system uses different default stuff. It makes it hard for me to test but I can bash away at possible solutions and keep posting them.

For reference, I am on Win10 64-bit, English language (set to UK English). What's different about your set-up?

Speak soon

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Great to hear a new version is coming soon. As for what system I have the issue on, it is Win10 Enterprise, 64bit, version 1703, build 15063.674, English (United States) Region & language.

So the two differences are Enterprise vs Pro, and English (US) vs English (UK).

Any other users in the US able to confirm this error, with the /lang1033 showing up?

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

I also am getting the \lang1033 error. Windows 10 pro, 64 bit, English US keyboard and time settings. I really like the program, and thanks for working on it!

New version released - link to the website in my sig, or files available in the first post of this thread.

This one contains lots of updates, including what I hope to be a fix for the \langxxxx thing. Please let me know if this fixes the issue for you guys.
    Full changelog and new manual also on the website.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Blog Entries
    Trying to figure out how to get a stat block that looks pretty standard to work.

If I cut and paste is from the PDF it looks like this:

"ADEPT
    Medium humanoid (any race), any alignment
    Armor Class 11 (14 with mage armor)
    Hit Points 22 (5d8)
    Speed 30 ft.
    STR
    DEX
    CON
    INT
    WIS
    CHA
    9 (-1)
    13 (+1)
    11 (+0)
    16 (+3)
    12 (+1)
    10 (+0)
    Saving Throws Int +5, Wis +3
    Skills Arcana +5, History +5
    Senses passive Perception 11
    Languages any four languages
    Challenge 2 (450 XP)
    Spellcasting. The adept is a 5th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 13, +3 to hit). The adept has the following wizard spells prepared:
    Cantrips (at will): fire bolt, light, mage hand, prestidigitation
    1st level (4 slots): detect magic, mage armor, magic missile
    2nd level (3 slots): invisibility, misty step, suggestion
    3rd level (2 slots): counterspell, lightning bolt
    ACTIONS
    Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d4+1) piercing damage.
    No longer mere students of magic, adepts are well on their way to the mage’s true mastery of the arcane arts. Most serious practitioners of wizardry encountered in the world are likely to fit this mold, perhaps with small variations in their lists of spells known. Like other types of spellcasters, they might be solitary practitioners, or members of magical guilds or cabals that share—and quite possibly hoard—power and knowledge."

The program asks me for each stat number and then the parse text on the right looks off.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Trying to figure out how to get a stat block that looks pretty standard to work.

If I cut and paste is from the PDF it looks like this:

"ADEPT
    Medium humanoid (any race), any alignment
    Armor Class 11 (14 with mage armor)
    Hit Points 22 (5d8)
    Speed 30 ft.
    STR
    DEX
    CON
    INT
    WIS
    CHA
    9 (-1)
    13 (+1)
    11 (+0)
    16 (+3)
    12 (+1)
    10 (+0)
    Saving Throws Int +5, Wis +3
    Skills Arcana +5, History +5
    Senses passive Perception 11
    Languages any four languages
    Challenge 2 (450 XP)
    Spellcasting. The adept is a 5th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 13, +3 to hit). The adept has the following wizard spells prepared:
    Cantrips (at will): fire bolt, light, mage hand, prestidigitation
    1st level (4 slots): detect magic, mage armor, magic missile
    2nd level (3 slots): invisibility, misty step, suggestion
    3rd level (2 slots): counterspell, lightning bolt
    ACTIONS
    Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d4+1) piercing damage.
    No longer mere students of magic, adepts are well on their way to the mage’s true mastery of the arcane arts. Most serious practitioners of wizardry encountered in the world are likely to fit this mold, perhaps with small variations in their lists of spells known. Like other types of spellcasters, they might be solitary practitioners, or members of magical guilds or cabals that share—and quite possibly hoard—power and knowledge."

The program asks me for each stat number and then the parse text on the right looks off.
    My experience is the stats arrangement have to be laid out in a correct format or it will pars weird. STR 9 (-1) , the stat number s/b 'under' STR, so in regards to lay out, it is NOT standard to the Parse/NPC Engineer.. I guess?
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Hey Myrdin

Although it looks fairly standard, it hasn't been my experience of copying from pdf up to now. There are so many different ways that copying from a pdf happens that I initially despaired at ever getting NPC Engineer working at all! Luckily it narrowed down to a few groups in the pdfs I had access to, but as I say, this format hadn't shown up before.

I'm working on incorporating it just now. The easiest way would be to add an input filter, but I'm keen to wrap all pdf functions into the base filter. However if this causes issues with other pdf captures I might have to revisit and make it an input filter. I'll post an update in a while when I have it working.

Laerun, you were absolutely spot on. Most pdf formats had the value for strength immediately after 'STR'

As an aside - thanks for posting the cut-and-paste text, Myrdin. It made it so much easier to track the issue and fix it!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

OK, update completed. Download available from the website (link in the sig). I haven't updated the version on this thread yet in case the changes I made breaks something else

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information