5E Character Create Playlist
Page 15 of 17 First ... 51314151617 Last
    Can you make sure that you don't have any folders in your rulesets directory?

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Can you make sure that you don't have any folders in your rulesets directory?

JPG
    Nope fresh install

Capture.JPG
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

I do have a linux machinbe I can try putting it on there...Later when I set it back up
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

The message is saying that the FG client can’t find the base.xml file in either rulesets/CoreRPG.pak file or rulesets/CoreRPG/ directory.

You can try unpacking the CoreRPG.pak file into a CoreRPG folder to make sure all the files are there. FG should be able to run using the unpacked files, though you should remove afterwards so you get future updates.

Maybe you have two different installs? Make sure the data directory in your FG Settings matches the directory you’re viewing.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; August 2nd, 2018 at 18:42.

Ok fixed. When I used the installer from Steam Everything Installed fine and worked. I also noticed this time around it asked me to agree to licences when as I recall it never asked me in the original non-working install

Blog Entries
    The scaling icon for tokens was removed and replaced with the NPC id thing... is there a reason this was removed and not just moved or the ID thing put on the other side of the token or SOMETHING? This feature is DEFINITELY something that is needed/useful.

Plus it was 'removed' from CORE rather than suppressed.. I mean.. ok.. a feature is deemed no longer desired for whatever reason.. but it is part of core so other rulesets make use of it. Why not just leave it there but no longer display it? That way other rulesets which are based on Core wouldn't lose access to that feature if the so choose. I don't understand the logic. Is not backward compatibility desirable?
    Last edited by Blackfoot; August 7th, 2018 at 15:41.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

What was the purpose of the scaling text? It was just there to indicate how much the token was scaled relative to the base token size. Why is that important to the user? If they use the auto-scale option, then it just fits in the grid. If they are manually scaling, then as long as it's the right size, the user doesn't really care what the number is. For all purposes, it seemed like a piece of information that had outlived it's usefulness. If you really need it, why not add back as an extension?

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    I use that number all the time, to adjust the scale of critters on the fly without having to shuffle windows and to make them match in scale... or to adjust the scale down a 'little' for small creatures vs medium creatures. The 'number' gives you a precision that isn't there with 'eyeballing it'.

I didn't remove the functionality from my ruleset but it is gone because none of the supporting bits are there anymore.. which I still just plain don't understand.
    WHY remove functionality completely and thereby remove it from ALL rulesets that make use of Core... why not merely suppress it in whatever ruleset you want to suppress it in.. and leave the working bits active for the other rulesets.

I am sorry if I come off a bit hostile, but I've now spent a bunch of hours trying to relearn how all this stuff works in order to keep my ruleset functional with changes.. again.. and it still doesn't work right... or have the functionality it had before the update. So I'm a bit pissy.

Oh and yeah.. no.. the information has definitely NOT outlived it's usefulness.

It was more a cause for interface confusion, than usefulness, for the vast majority of users.

I understand you would like to continue using this capability, and I can point you to the code so you can reimplement your own version. However, in order to maintain forward progress, the interface will evolve over time.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It was more a cause for interface confusion, than usefulness, for the vast majority of users.
    Regards,
    JPG
    I can't imagine that could be accurate.
    I used it all the time... and never heard/read a complaint about it. I'm not sure who this vast majority is. Perhaps functions that are second nature to me at this point are confusing newbies... that I couldn't say.

Is all of the code/graphics for reimplementing it in the CoreRPG 3.3.5 version?

Thread Information