DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I don't think you need to worry about it too much. If you would like a virus then go ahead and try downloading a pirated copy of a program. But if you are like the majority of the world and would like to stay virus free stick to the original source. Hell I wont even buy through the other companies that are licensed to sell Fantasy Grounds. Buy it from the Fantasy Grounds website, always the safe bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dachannien
    People getting something for free when I had to pay for it isn't really what bothers me. I mean, I've bought stuff from Steam only to have it discounted 50% the next weekend. What bothers me is that, in this case, SmiteWorks is a small developer, and they depend on the money that they get from FG in order to improve the software and offer updates. While a few (hundred, thousand, etc.) people ripping off Spore isn't going to make EA go under, it's quite possible that if too many people pirated FG instead of buying it, SmiteWorks could end up out of business, and then nobody would get any updates.
    Ya, I guess thats what I ment too, lol
    AT LEAST I HAVE CHICKEN

-Leeroy Jenkins, WoW

Can someone pirate a game like Guild Wars? I mean, you have to log in with your unique paid-for identity each time. There would not be too much problem in doing FG2 like that, right?

I'm not sure if that would work or not, but support the theory. However, if something like this is implemented how would it effect people like myself? My copies of Fantasy Grounds were purchased for me by someone else.

Not really worth talking about.

IMHO, This is a terrible program to pirate. The community is close. We're mostly appreciative of Smite Works and the company has been good to us. I'd never keep a player that was ripping off the community that way.

At the same time I really don't want to continue this thread and announce to any prospective customers that there might be a cheezy, albeit bad, option out there.

Best to let the thread die. I think.

Sigurd
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd
    IMHO, This is a terrible program to pirate. The community is close. We're mostly appreciative of Smite Works (...)
    I attack the pirate server with a bunch of enhanced/empowered/chi imbued magic missiles in support of Smite Works!

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneZ
    Honestly, I'd rather see Smiteworks spending their development time fixing some of the problems with FG2 and adding more features. (...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd
    Best to let the thread die. I think.
    I think I agree with both of this opinions. Besides, perhaps I just killed that phantom, blasphemous virused server!
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Thread Information