DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Wanting to look in on a 4e game

I'm trying to learn more about the D&D system and fantasy grounds at the same time, and thought that my best bet for the two of them would be to watch a game being played. I figured this would be the best solution since I've joined up with one game (though not 4e), yet I'm not sure where my commitments toward gaming will lie in the future. I'd appreciate anyone willing to let me look in -- type or skill not important, though I would appreciate knowing whether you consider yourselves hardcore role-players or not so I can get an idea of the categories in my mind. Anyway, if anyone is willing I'd be a very unobtrusive observer

I do not presently have a game running, but I wanted to give you a little heads up. First, FG is not innitially set up for 4e. It is ready to go for d20 and especially v3.5 which is quite a bit different. Most people are quite friendly here. I simply doubt 4e has really gotten legs yet so finding a 3.5 game would be much much easier at present.
    Engar

Actually, I've been actively pursuing getting a 4e group going, I have a ruleset working well enough to run a 4e campaign, and have actually done some test sessions with a few people and seemed to work out well.

However, I don't actively have a game running. I AM looking to join or start one, though.

I'm definitely interested in a 4E game as well...

At the moment, seeing a lack of them, I've been exploring some possible campaigns, so I might start one up in the near future. Depending if I can flesh it out well enough or not. If I do, I'll post it here for sure.
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

Ok, anyone got a 3.5 game I can watch?

That brings me to another question. I was planning on porting some of the 4e rules to get a feel for how the xml is set up in FG, but then I realized someone was probably already on that ball. Is there an active attempt to do this by the community or is it just individuals doing their own thing?

Because of licensing issues, such endeavors are mostly personal or underground so far. I'm sure if you look hard you can find it, but unfortunately, copyright and trademark law definitely slows this kind of useful work.

Hopefully relatively soon, FG can get a 4e license and distribute modules and supplements, as well as a ruleset, as solid as what they have for 3e. However, not having anything to do with them, I can't say (nor do I have any idea) if they have such plans or not.

However, it's actually relatively easy, and 4e lends itself VERY well to encoding it into a logical set, so such a conversion is not that unrealistic for individuals or groups.

Maybe I'll just do it myself anyway, to teach myself how and to get more familiar with the 4e rules.

Thread Information