DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I can confirm that it seems to be working alright now. Thanks to everyone who helped solve this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Yeah, I forwarded to Dakadin. It looks like an issue with the Character Law NPC data that's been around for a while.

Regards,
    JPG
    Looks like the <type type="number"> for the weapons should be "string" instead...
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Yeah, that's what I saw too; but that module hasn't been updated in many, many months. So, I think this has been an issue for a while.
    Dakadin said he would take a look when he got back from a work trip.

Regards,
    JPG

Hmm, the Base Spell Attack works fine when clicked on in the previous version (4.4.9), at least it's not throwing any console errors when I try it (I have not updated my main computer yet, I have a Virtual machine with the new version).

I'm not seeing a difference in the Base Spell Attack for the Pure Mentalism Spell User Level 20 between the previous version and the new one (both are dated August 2023).

Character Law from 4.4.9 (works)
    Code:
    					<id-0003>
    						<attacktable>
    							<name type="string">Base Spell Attack Table</name>
    							<tableid type="string">SPL04-02</tableid>
    						</attacktable>
    						<name type="string">Base Spell Attack</name>
    						<ob type="number">20</ob>
    						<type type="number">10</type>
    					</id-0003>

Same segment from 4.5 (broken)
    Code:
    					<id-0003>
    						<attacktable>
    							<name type="string">Base Spell Attack Table</name>
    							<tableid type="string">SPL04-02</tableid>
    						</attacktable>
    						<name type="string">Base Spell Attack</name>
    						<ob type="number">20</ob>
    						<type type="number">10</type>
    					</id-0003>

They both look the same to me. Guessing the issue is deeper in the code somewhere.

That's really odd. I looked back to August of last year; and it was exactly the same. The NPC weapon entries pointed to "item" class; and the Item type field was a string value.

I'll have to let Dakadin investigate further.

Regards,
    JPG

I've opened up my Heroes and Rogues module and all my Base Attack Spells work properly.

From the segments above my code has one difference:

<type type="string">Special</type>

It looks like your code has the type set as a number. Try changing that line in your code.

Rajek

Yeah, I've looked into it and had some code running in the onInit for items that prevented this error but didn't work with the changes recently made. I am working on updating the modules and getting the code back in place so any legacy modules will work.

After some testing a workaround is to copy the NPC to the combat tracker and it will resolve the issue. Then you can copy it where ever you need it if you don't want it in the combat tracker.

The fix for the items types not matching has been pushed for Character Law, Creatures & Treasures, and RM Companion 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    The fix for the items types not matching has been pushed for Character Law, Creatures & Treasures, and RM Companion 1.
    Thanks as always Dakadin. I'd add to your rep, but I apparently need to spread it around some first.

Thread Information