DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Questions about the Cypher System

Hi everyone,

so I'm new to the Cypher System as I backed the Monte Cook Adventures in the Cypher System.

Trying out the FGU ruleset for the first time I have a question, do I have to add all the Descriptors, 'Ancestries Foci, etc. myself or is there a module I can load?
    “He says gods like having an atheist around. Gives them something to aim at.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Small Gods

As there's no official support for the Cypher system you'll need to enter the information yourself. There was a SRD module being created by the community, I'm not sure what the current state of that is - see this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...RD-Development
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The CSRD is still being worked on, albeit slowly. The document is nearly 500 pages of (largely unformatted) content. I wouldn't expect its completion for a while yet; months at least. It is coming though.

As far as playing now goes, I recommend just entering what you need as you need it into a separate campaign. Then export that data to a module for use in the campaign you use for playing.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Thanks.
    Need any help with the grunt work?
    “He says gods like having an atheist around. Gives them something to aim at.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Small Gods

Hello there
    Would it be possible to put in a toggle so we can have the defense rolls like normal rolls?
    (hit/miss->failed/success)
    I know why you did it, but me and my group are always confused by this.

Regards, Loco

Quote Originally Posted by Locotomo View Post
    Hello there
    Would it be possible to put in a toggle so we can have the defense rolls like normal rolls?
    (hit/miss->failed/success)
    I know why you did it, but me and my group are always confused by this.

Regards, Loco
    I can get this for sure. The Hit/Miss language really only makes sense for Speed defense rolls. A Might defense pretty much assumes you've taken the hit and are attempting to shrug off the effects, likewise with Intellect.

I would actually lobby for fail/success being the default and have hit/miss be the optional toggle.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Saagael still on holidays?

Hey folks, sorry for the late response. My gaming group was on hiatus for most of December so I took a break from FG stuff. I'll get this in the next update.

I have been owning Cypher System books of various settings (Numenera, The Strange, Core, Claim the Sky) for years. But never could get anyone to play it over the "Big Name Brand" games. But I finally decided the next game I'm running is Numenera (I'm running two PF2 games right now). I had no idea there was Fantasy Grounds material for it. This is cool you guys are doing this.

Thread Information