DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Heh, you give me far more credit than I deserve! But in all seriousness, I think anyone who can run a Rolemaster campaign (not a small feat in itself!) is likely capable of bundling up their adventure and publishing it even if they just make it a free download for others to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold11 View Post
    Heh, you give me far more credit than I deserve! But in all seriousness, I think anyone who can run a Rolemaster campaign (not a small feat in itself!) is likely capable of bundling up their adventure and publishing it even if they just make it a free download for others to use.
    I would like to do this at some point, but I wasn't sure what the rules were regarding Shadow World IP. For instance if my module is some dungeon under a known country/city in Shadow World and I use a lot of the known timeline and people/places/things in that world, is that OK? Or does it all have to be non-canon homebrew?

And RajekPlathmos, are you suggesting I can take any module on drivethrurpg and port it into FGU? for instance Jaiman, Land of Twilight (https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/...-of-twilight)? Is this because they get a cut of the sales for when people buy that FGU module? If so, I'll gladly do it. I jsut don't want to do a ton of work only to have it banned.

I'll try emailing [email protected]. I thought posting here would be a good first step to learn.

You are correct. If the module is on DriveThruRPG then you can apply to get permission from FGU to convert it to the RMC ruleset. This link will give you the steps you need to follow to get approved as well as technical requirements for the different artefacts you will be creating...

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...uct+Guidelines

If you have any other questions let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

So as far as publishable sourcebooks the below list is what I have compiled as ones that haven't been converted yet...

1) Creatures & Treasures III -> this sourcebook will be released in the near future as I just received confirmation that it has passed the final hurdle for publication.
    2) Sea Law -> There isn't much reason to make this into a FGU module unless an extension is created to handle ship to ship combat. I have been looking into how easy that can be.
    3) Castles and Ruins -> This one could be converted with little issue.
    4) Rolemaster Rome -> This one could be converted with little issue. Unfortunately, Mythic Greece and Robin Hood sourcebooks are not on DriveThruRPG so they can't be converted which is a pity because I love Mythic Greece.
    5) At Rapier's Point -> This one could be converted with little issue.

If there are any other sourcebooks I've overlooked please reply to this thread and let us know.

There are only 2 adventure modules created so far...
    1) Tales from the Green Gryphon Inn
    2) Dun Cru

There are a large number of books on DriveThruRPG for the Shadow World campaign setting. Right now I have not put any effort into making any of them. Right now, I'm focusing on sourcebook modules so that when I port my campaign world over to FGU I will have all the foundational material created.

It would be great if others would be interested in creating these modules. They do take time and you need to understand FGU and the RMC ruleset very well but once you get through that steep learning curve creation becomes much easier.

If any of you want to get involved in creating content for FGU you are best to start with this link as it gives you the process as to how to get your module published...
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...uct+Guidelines

If you are going to make any of the adventures (or perhaps publish your own adventures) the below link I found to be very helpful...
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Best-Practices

There are also numerous people on this forum as well as on the FGU Discord Rolemaster server that can help with tips and insight. If you don't have FGU on your Discord server list here is a link to it...
    https://discord.gg/8NsxnByu

I implore any of you who are interested in creating content to just jump in and start building. Your first module will take a lot of time and you will probably have to start from scratch numerous times (at least I did) but seeing your final product on the FGU store of the Forge you will feel a sense of pride.

My apologies if I sound preachy. When I jumped into making publishable modules I thought I was going to drown but once I got the hang of it I really found making modules fun and satisfying. So take a look at the info above and if you have questions feel free to post to the forum or direct message me.

Regards,
    Rajek

Very helpful, thank you!

You're welcome.

Rmss

Well if you convert the RMSS companions to RMC then this would expand a bit. It is a shame they haven't gotten at least some of the standard RMC Companions out. There is really useful data in there...particularly the more complete set of skills. Frankly, i think there is a fundamental misunderstanding of copyright law by Iron Crown on these issues, but its systemic at this point. Of course, it would be nice to have Spacemaster 2 content that works with RMC and the skill in the Spacemaster companions that are for sale on DriveThru RPG are the same skills, mostly, as the RMC Companions that are not for sale.

While a lot of Spacemaster's functionality is a match for the RMC ruleset there is a major difference on how the attack tables are used which would require either an extension or a change to the core ruleset to handle the difference. Basically this is the same issue that faces getting Sea Law produced. I can do it but there wouldn't be any useful automation. As far as the copyright law goes we are limited by what ICE is willing to do. They are 100% focused on Rolemaster Unity so they don't / won't take time to try to enable the foundational Rolemaster that RMU is taking off from.

I can definitely sympathize with the frustration out there for this situation.

do what i did, move to the world of greyhawk! lol easy conversion. tons of info for campaigns.

Thread Information