DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 32 of 32 First ... 22303132
    Hi Trenloe,
    I am curious. If something like the addition of the word "char" after the existing word "EFFECT" is corrected in the ruleset or core rules files (I am not sure which one contains "weapon specialization") does that retroactively correct it for existing characters or do they still need to be manually corrected by the GM.

More generally is there a necessary housekeeping that GMs need to do to manually keep PCs up to date with ongoing downloaded content fixes like this and upgrades or is the desired behavior that GMs don't need to be making manual adjustments to PCs in response to fixes and upgrades? (I hope that I am not getting behind in some tasks that I need to be doing )

Thanks
    Web

Stated from another perspective, if I assume that I have missed some postings about corrections or expansions in the ruleset, core or DLC should I plan to periodically remake characters from scratch to catch up with the current state of the game content so the PCs get the up to date versions in their database records?

@Webdove - fixes to character data like this is not automatically added to existing PCs. It will need to be manually added. I'll try to provide more information on updates like this in future so that existing PCs can be manually edited as needed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    @Webdove - fixes to character data like this is not automatically added to existing PCs. It will need to be manually added. I'll try to provide more information on updates like this in future so that existing PCs can be manually edited as needed.
    That would be very helpful, especially if it was in a single place where all PC impactful changes could be found for us to catch up PCs to the latest system state. I wonder if it would be possible for the tracker to have a button that rebuilds the PC using the existing tracker data. That would guarantee that the PC is using the latest and greatest software updates.

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    I wonder if it would be possible for the tracker to have a button that rebuilds the PC using the existing tracker data. That would guarantee that the PC is using the latest and greatest software updates.
    You can do that now via the chargen tracker right-click "Rebuild feat, feature and item activities" option. The gotcha is that you need to ensure you have all original source modules activated and that the record name is fairly unique - otherwise you could end up replacing records with a record from a different module - this is less likely with class feature and feat data, but could be an issue with item data. Also, this would overwrite any manual changes made to these records in the PC sheet.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You can do that now via the chargen tracker right-click "Rebuild feat, feature and item activities" option. The gotcha is that you need to ensure you have all original source modules activated and that the record name is fairly unique - otherwise you could end up replacing records with a record from a different module - this is less likely with class feature and feat data, but could be an issue with item data. Also, this would overwrite any manual changes made to these records in the PC sheet.
    I could make a pc copy, rebuild then have the player check it and transfer over any manual mods mods.
    That way they could also see the changes.

Possible bug with Electrified Water Ward, Strength of Thousands/Spoken on the Song Wind DLC. The NPC sheet appears to have appropriate automation code, but none of it gets parsed into the combat tracker entry which is blank except for the name (picture attached). I am not sure if this is a DLC coding bug or a ruleset parsing bug. Here is the text in the NPC sheet.

Disable
    DC 26 Thievery (expert), DC 28 Arcana (expert), or DC 28 Occultism (expert) to harmlessly bleed away the electrical energy from the rune. Once the trap has been activated, the electrical energy is stronger, so three successful checks (of any combination of the relevant skills) are necessary to deactivate it, but these checks can be attempted from anywhere in the room.
    Reactions(A)*
    Electrocution (arcane, electricity, evocation)
    - Trigger: A creature passes over the invisible underwater rune between the north and south doors.
    - Effect: The trap deals [4d10 electricity damage] ([DC 26 basic Reflex save]) to creatures touching the water, and then rolls initiative.
    Reactions Auto.
    "DC 26 basic Reflex save"|Save: Reflex[DC:26][BASIC]
    "4d10 electricity damage"|Damage: 4d10 electricity
    Routine(A)*
    Routine
    The trap deals [4d10 electricity damage] ([DC 26 basic Reflex save]) to all creatures in the room. A creature that fails the save is [slowed 1] ([slowed 2] on a critical failure). A creature that isn't touching the water treats the result of its saving throw as one degree of success better.
    Routine Auto.
    "DC 26 basic Reflex save"|Save: Reflex[DC:26][BASIC]
    "4d10 electricity damage"|Damage: 4d10 electricity
    "slowed 1"|Effect: Electrocuted; Slowed: 1[FAILURE]
    "slowed 2"|Effect: Electrocuted; Slowed: 2[CRITFAILURE]
    Attached Images Attached Images

AFAIK hazards haven't been automated in the CT yet. You have to open the hazard and click the codes in the description.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    AFAIK hazards haven't been automated in the CT yet. You have to open the hazard and click the codes in the description.
    Ah. Thank you.

Thread Information