Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Final Screenshots

The ruleset is complete. It will be uploaded to Azurea in the a.m. hours of 2/4/08.

Hope you enjoy it. Run a game for me
    Ultimate License
    Rulesets by NezziR:
    WFRP2 for FGI, WFRP2 for FGII, Dark Heresy for FGII,
    Savage Fallout for FGII and Savage Worlds, FGII help mod.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/fgvtt/files

How stupid can ou get, the same day GW releases their RPG game, is the same day they can it. Hahahahaaa!
    Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

The people who dropped the game weren't Games Workshop. It was the guys with the licence for the RPG. If GW is still the same, the licensee probably was happy to get out of the relationship *and* lost money.

This looks sweet. I'm GMing my frist DH game at a game store on the 19th. I would love to be a player here...

Actually it was GW who canned it. You see Black Industries is a sub-divison of Games Workshop. Apparently last year GW took a big loss and even made the financial news in England. So they are "tightening their belts" Don't get me wrong, I think they are idiots for closing down a project that has sold out twice in mere days (limited edition and first printing). However, GW has always put their interest in their 40K/Fantasy Mini games and others are thrown to the sidelines...just like the original WFRP,Bloodbowl,Necromunda,Battlefleet Gothic, Mordheim,Warmaster,etc...Let's just hope Green Ronin can pick up the license..but again GW is a pain in the butt when they license out their product..good example was Hogshead who had WFRP for a short time.
    "I'm excusing a lot because I recognise the trauma and loss you have suffered. But my patience isn't limitless..unlike my authority." - Inquisitor Eisenhorn

Ah sorry, my mistake. I know GW is a pain to work with and I didn't bother checking to see who Black Industries was. GW makes some good games but the way they treat distributors and retailers in the USA is just stupid (I can't speak for overseas). I think working with these guys is asking for trouble.

I once walked into a Warhammer store in Amsterdam and that was a really weird experience. Me and my friend got practically jumped by two of the salespeople, and it was all "Buy! buy! buy! and join the fun! fun! fun! or get out! out! out!" We practically ran out of the store. The guy in my local gamestore, who only carries GW as part of the stock, later explained how they worked on a comission system, and that GW has some pretty agressive sales techniques.

I never looked at anything from GW after that, but it seems I'm a minority, since they're gaining ground in every gamestore here. (It's what the kids want to play, and GW has these special days, where they explain how you can "make your army so much better, going from a 500 to a 1000 point army" or something. -- For the small price of a few 100 bucks.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mellock
    I never looked at anything from GW after that, but it seems I'm a minority, since they're gaining ground in every gamestore here. (It's what the kids want to play, and GW has these special days, where they explain how you can "make your army so much better, going from a 500 to a 1000 point army" or something. -- For the small price of a few 100 bucks.)
    The staff are also paid peanuts. But the sales method works, else they would not be using it.

Lets face it, GW's WH40k and WH are todays, Kiddy Crack - the little rug rats love the stuff. But when they grow older and more mature, most players come to see GW for what it is, and their games system for what it is, and end up moving off to more complex games.

Also the kids are into GW games while mum and dad are buying the toys, as soon as the kids have to buy their own models they discover how over priced those GW toys really are, and that other games systems give you far more bang for your buck.
    Last edited by Tailz Silver Paws; February 12th, 2008 at 02:57.

So... I take it the two of you won't be joining us for the Dark Heresy games.
    Ultimate License
    Rulesets by NezziR:
    WFRP2 for FGI, WFRP2 for FGII, Dark Heresy for FGII,
    Savage Fallout for FGII and Savage Worlds, FGII help mod.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/fgvtt/files

Quote Originally Posted by nezzir
    So... I take it the two of you won't be joining us for the Dark Heresy games.
    Nah, I find it hard enough to find the time to do my own stuff. Sorry.

Thread Information