STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Mysterious new ruleset

In the name of the Emperor, it shall be done.
    Ultimate License
    Rulesets by NezziR:
    WFRP2 for FGI, WFRP2 for FGII, Dark Heresy for FGII,
    Savage Fallout for FGII and Savage Worlds, FGII help mod.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/fgvtt/files

Nice....I'm waiting for the copy I ordered....

Jaime

Wow...that looks awesome...=)
    "I'm excusing a lot because I recognise the trauma and loss you have suffered. But my patience isn't limitless..unlike my authority." - Inquisitor Eisenhorn

That's awesome. You must be excited about the upcoming 40krp.

upcoming?..it's already here good sir!!..and gone...=(
    "I'm excusing a lot because I recognise the trauma and loss you have suffered. But my patience isn't limitless..unlike my authority." - Inquisitor Eisenhorn

Update

The ruleset is coming along nicely. The main character sheet is almost complete. Fortunately, the new system is very similar to WFRP2, so putting the new character sheet together is not a from-scratch project.

Here's a screenshot that shows the completed front page and the various mini-sheets. There are still a couple of things that need to be done to the combat tracker, but in all, it's going very smoothly.

Some notes:
    The little star in the upper-right corner is for the mini-sheet.
    The "Advancement" fields in the experience tracker box is scrollable.

My biggest problem is that I've been so efficient with information placement that I have "reserved" boxes that have no data to go in them. I suppose I'll leave them blank for now for future expansion, ideas, or input from other players/gms.

Still left to do:
    Combat tracker odds and ends
    A few sub-screen graphic replacements (which I'm simply "desaturating" at this point)
    Skill and Talent replacements
    Reordering of the spells (psych) tab
    Sample databases (for future population - Enemies, Psych, Screen, Core Rules, Equipment)
    GM/Player Screen module (which I think I'll farm out to the community for population)
    Last edited by nezzir; February 1st, 2008 at 21:36.
    Ultimate License
    Rulesets by NezziR:

Damn that's looking great!! Sheesh your doing it in record time!! Ya think I was holding your dog hostage or something!! (for your good work so far...i'll give little fluffy some food now..) Char sheet looks awesome!! Let me know if I can help transcribe text for you or something

If you (or anyone else) wants to contribute, here are some ideas for things I'd like to package with the ruleset:

Tokens (a few sci-fi guys and some heretic types with pistols and rifles)
    Sci-fi maps (interior, city, hive)
    A good story (that could be converted to a scenario and packaged with the ruleset)
    A quick reference screen (in excel format would be ok - I could convert it to a module)
    Custom art work (that can be displayed during a game in picture format)
    An introduction to the 40k world (that could be packaged in a module format and read to new players to introduce them to the 40k universe)

Quote Originally Posted by blue_lifesaver
    Damn that's looking great!! Sheesh your doing it in record time!! Ya think I was holding your dog hostage or something!! (for your good work so far...i'll give little fluffy some food now..) Char sheet looks awesome!! Let me know if I can help transcribe text for you or something
    Ultimate License
    Rulesets by NezziR:

Another new screenie

Here's another new screenie with the screen stretched across my dual monitors to show as much as possible. You can see that the quick key slots at the bottom of the screen don't much like being stretched out.

As you can see from the screenshot, I still have work to do on the NPC sheet. There's also still quite a bit to do on the sheets under the front page, though I've already fixed the combat tracker issues.

I'm thinking on adding attacks and movement to one of the reserved boxes just so they will port to the tracker and mini-sheets properly. Any input while I'm still in dev phase would be welcome. Once I zip it up, I'll probably call it a day.

Help: I've talked to a couple of different GMs that have the same problem I do (with many different rulesets). It seems that when you stretch the screen across multiple monitors in a dual or tri-head configuration, you get terrible lag. I could barely move things around the screen after I stretch across my two screens. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Edit: Just a note on the "grey" color scheme. I had my reservations at first. It looked kind of drab, however, when you open a color map on it and drop some tokens it makes them JUMP out at you! It really lends focus to color handouts and other module goodies. It sort of takes the focus off of the ruleset and puts in on the content where it belongs. I hope you like it
    Last edited by nezzir; February 2nd, 2008 at 08:59.
    Ultimate License
    Rulesets by NezziR:

Thread Information