DICE PACKS BUNDLE

PP Management under FGU

Hello,
    I’m lost in what FGU and the Rolemaster Classic ruleset can do automatically or not.
    Is here someone who could explain me how he handles spell casting (level 2+) In FGU and the PP / spell adder?
    A sample vidéo would be the top.
    Thanks a lot.

I'm afraid that I'm no good at making videos but I can take screenshots to help.
    Your total PP is automated as long as the GM keep the option on under the "Character (GM)" options.
    Calculate PP.png
    It's also important to check whenever or not any optional rules that impact a character's total PP are active, like "Bonus Based PP" or "PP Development". You'll find those under the "Optional Rules (GM)" options.
    Optional Rules.png
    After all that, just make sure that the character has their stats and level (and possible DPs in the PP Development skill) in order and your total PPs should have calculated for you. You'll find the total and the current ammount in the Main tab of your character.
    image_2023-06-30_083300541.png

Now, for PP multipliers and Spell Adders you are going to need to use an item that grants your character those bonuses. You can create or modify any item to grant those bonuses by going into the "Magic Item Information" section of the item(make sure the item is unlocked), and then you can quite easily set the Adder or Multiplier value to the item.
    image_2023-06-30_083849176.png
    P.s. Sorry the sections are so small and hard to read, I'm doing this from my laptop and it has a small screen.

The next step is to simply equip the item in the Combat Tab of your character, there is a slot made specially for PP Multiplier and Spell Adders.
    You can easily verify that the item is working by cheking your total PP again and comparing them to what they used to be.
    image_2023-06-30_084241059.png
    In this case you can see that ther is a "x2" on the left of the total PP, that represents the PP Multiplier and there is also a small circle wiht the number 2 on the top right corner of the total PP, that represent the Spell Adder

The only thing that is not automatically calculated is the expenditure of PP, you need to keep track of it manually but I'd say that overall most things are automated.
    I hope this helped.
    Last edited by Samzagas; June 30th, 2023 at 14:49.

Thanks a lot Samzagas for your answer and your time. I was fine for the first points you mentioned but on non automated part is my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Samzagas View Post
    The only thing that is not automatically calculated is the expenditure of PP, you need to keep track of it manually but I'd say that overall most things are automated.
    I hope this helped.
    I don’t see where I could change the used spell adder amount. It doesn’t seemed to be editable in the combat tracker.

I’m dreaming of half automated spell system where the player drag & drop a spell on a target (map or CY) and that the PP or spell adders are automatically marked as used. One day maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Engelmann View Post
    I don’t see where I could change the used spell adder amount. It doesn’t seemed to be editable in the combat tracker.
    As far as I know, you can change the ammount but not from the combat tracker, you need to use the character's Main tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Engelmann View Post
    I’m dreaming of half automated spell system where the player drag & drop a spell on a target (map or CY) and that the PP or spell adders are automatically marked as used. One day maybe.
    I'd love that as well.

You can change the Power Point Multiplier value or the Spell Adder value in the item properties. Then once the item is "equipped", it shows up on the main character sheet. The process is shown in the "making a wizard" tutorial in the videos section if that helps!

Thread Information