STAR TREK 2d20

Poison effects and how to apply

Hi,
    is there a way to get poison effects streamlined?
    • Roll for the RR vs. Poison level
    • Calculate the severity based on the result
    • Roll for each severity level (greater effects cannot precede lesser ones) and apply the effects based on the category (muscle, respiratory, etc. ..).

I like RMC way to handle failed RR vs. poisons but it's not a quick process.

I tried adding the Base Spell Attack table to the Poison Attack coming with monster's stats (e.g. spiders), but the RR result doesn't lead to any severity level deduction or effects calculation.

I just have the PC/NPC roll the RR and then resolve that in the table resolver by selecting the appropriate attacker level column so I can see if the RR is greater than the target value or not. The determining severity and effects is handled manually.

Ok, thank you.
    I'll create some tables to get the severity and effects at hand then

Does anybody know how to calculate the duration of an effect, when the wording is like "Beginning in 3-30 rounds: lessening of motor coordination in legs (-25 for leg maneuvers) and arms (-25 for hand maneuvers); mild euphoria (-20)."?

I think the easiest would be to use 3D10 to determine when it starts ('beginning in 3-30 rounds'). Grab (and do not let go) the D10, then Right-click twice to get 3D10, then drop it in the chat window, or you can type /die 3d10 in the chat window as well.

Then apply the results (-25 for legs, -25 for hand, and -20 for the mild euphoria) to the target, you can create custom Effects in the Effects Window for this.

3D10

For Effects, you would use the format of <Effect name (example Euphoria); Penalty: <then the penalty value, in this case -20>.
    So your Euphoria would be Euphoria; Penalty: -20
    The Semi-Colon and Colon are important so the system knows how to parse the effect properly.

NOTE: You can change the Duration by clicking on where it says Day in the effect. Options for duration are: RND, MIN, HR, and Day.
    Last edited by Sulimo; June 15th, 2023 at 00:28.

Thank you Sulimo.
    I'll follow your suggestions, but my question was more aimed to better understand the meaning. It seems to me this effect has no ending, whereas others include an expire timeframe (e.g. "Beginning in 1-50 rounds and lasting 1-50 hours").
    Sorry I'm not english native and maybe have been unclear before.

Ah, the Mild Circulatory poison has the duration of 1-50 hours, but none of the others do, so in those cases, the victim would have the effects until an antidote is administered.

The description you mentioned is a generic description for Moderate Circulatory poisons. The specific Poisons would have more details on what their effects might be.

Look under Items, then filter by Poisons.

thank you!

Thread Information