DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Official Cypher System Bug Report Thread

Please report any bugs you encounter in the Cypher, The Strange, or Numenera rulesets here.

When reporting issues, please add as much detail as possible. Details that might be relevant include:

* Does the error occur on the client, host, or both?
    * Does the error occur for every player?
    * What actions cause the error?
    * Does the error occur reliably, or only some of the time?
    * Do you have any extensions loaded? If so, have you tried reproducing the issue without any extensions loaded?

In addition to these details, screenshots of relevant windows can also help. If you're having an issue with an ability roll, sharing a screenshot of the ability and action details is wonderfully helpful.

Here's one that's been hanging around for a little while:

When creating a new character in any of the Cypher rulesets, there is a weird extraneous text box in the Currency panel on the Inventory tab.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    Here's one that's been hanging around for a little while:

When creating a new character in any of the Cypher rulesets, there is a weird extraneous text box in the Currency panel on the Inventory tab.
    I'm pretty sure that box is there to enter non-currency treasures and valuables. I can at least give it a label or tooltip though.

I suppose it could be used for that. It just showed up during one of the last couple of updates before you took over. Making it so the text can use the paragraph types could be useful as well.
    --
    I'm so bassic

The default dice position needs to be moved farther to the right. The unlock and reset widgets are under the Ease/Hinder buttons.
    --
    I'm so bassic

I suppose it could be used for that. It just showed up during one of the last couple of updates before you took over. Making it so the text can use the paragraph types could be useful as well.
    It comes from CoreRPG, so I think it was added when currency got an overhaul. I added a story to my backlog to clean that up.

I believe the extra currency box can just be removed. I wanted to retire it completely when I did the currency overhaul, but I didn't want people to lose data. However, I made sure not to add it to any rulesets that didn't already use it.

Regards,
    JPG

The new Difficulty Level icon is unreadable when using a theme with a dark background. I've filled the center of the icons with 50% opacity background so they should work with any theme and take on the color of whatever is behind it, only lighter.
    A zip of the icons is attached.

EDIT: Changed attachment to include up to Level 15 tasks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by wndrngdru; June 17th, 2023 at 05:44.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Speaking of Difficulty Levels, in superhero-style games the level can go up to 15 because, you know, superheroes. If you want, I can go ahead and make a set of 15. You'll need to do the coding to make them work, though.

EDIT: I went ahead and updated the attachment in the previous post with the extra levels.
    Last edited by wndrngdru; June 17th, 2023 at 05:44.
    --
    I'm so bassic

The new Difficulty Level icon is unreadable when using a theme with a dark background. I've filled the center of the icons with 50% opacity background so they should work with any theme and take on the color of whatever is behind it, only lighter.
    A zip of the icons is attached.

EDIT: Changed attachment to include up to Level 15 tasks.
    That's something I'm not going to be able to fix, unfortunately. Though if you want a dark theme I highly recommend SirMotte's Hearth theme. That does have color-corrected icons.

As for the difficulty levels going up to 15, I think that's doable. I'll add it to the list.

Thread Information