5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Thanks for the report! I'll look into it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Farratto View Post
    Really like the addon by the way. Huge time saver. I just wanted to report some unexpected behavior I found. I don't want you to think this is a complaint or me asking for a fix. I can work around this problem easily by rolling manual saves (or doing the math in my head). I just thought that if I had written this extension, I would want to know about this.

So I DM with a combination of players, some of which like to use real dice IRL and some like to use the FG interface. So often what I end up doing is that they tell me what they rolled for damage, and I type the number into the "Modifier" box in the lower left corner, and then drag it on to the "Wounds" category on the appropriate NPC on the combat tracker. FG understands this as damage being done to that NPC.

When I do this to a creature with Undead Fortitude, with your extension running, and it is enough damage to down the creature: It sets off the con save as expected. It sets the DC of the con save correctly. BUT it adds the damage as a bonus to the con save roll.

For example:
    Zombie has a Con modifier of +3.
    Zombie has 5 current hit points (with a max of 22).
    PC hits Zombie for 7 dmg.
    Undead Fortitude extension sets off DC12 Con save and rolls 1d20+10.
    (Expected in this situation would be 1d20+3).

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
    2 ways you can fix this currently with low effort.

1) You can put the 7 dmg in modifier, then drag it to chat, then drag it onto wounds, instead of into modifier to wounds. Adds one step of doing to chat first, then wounds.

2) You can have the player use "manual roll" and them put in the amount themselves and it will just say manual roll in chat.

I think I have a fix for it where I clear out the Modifier just before issuing the UF saving throw. Since that saving throw is really independent of the Modifiers applied to the damage (the DC isn't but the saving throw itself is), I think that should work to not modify the save (but having already used the modifier for damage). Anyway, I'll keep testing with this to see if it works in all cases and doesn't break other things. More soon...

Ok, go ahead and update (or get it from GitHub if you are FGC). Lemme know if you have any more issues. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinFreitas View Post
    Ok, go ahead and update (or get it from GitHub if you are FGC). Lemme know if you have any more issues. Thanks!
    Update is working as intended for me.

Thanks for double checking MrDDT. I did forget to mention, it's 2.0.4 now.

Apologies for delayed response. I was expecting to get email notifications of responses. I need to check my settings. This works great. Thank you so much for your swift replies and actions!

So I'm having a pretty niche issue, where this is conflicting with Requested Rolls suppressed roll option.

I was wondering if you could look into it.

When a creature has UF, and you trigger it by doing enough damage to kill it, it rolls a save, the rolls get output into chat correctly, however, when using Requested Rolls "Suppress Dice Animations: On" option, this does not trigger the death on a failure.

Suppress Dice Animations, make it so that you don't see dice rolls anymore.

Now I think this issue lies where I had issues with another ext, that it was not converting the roll to a string or something, and the Author of RR said to have the other author make sure to convert the rolls that are done to strings before rolling them. (like called rolls not the ones that players or the GM's do but the ones that happen on a trigger like UF does, only this was an issue with Rolling Mirror.)

You can see the post here about it, but I think its the same type of issue. I don't know how much work this would be for such a small user base using this option and both of these exts together, but if you could I would like to see if we can get it fixed.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post707838

I'll give it a look. Thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I would like to see if we can get it fixed.
    Get the new one from the Forge, v2.0.5. Lemme know what you think. -J

Thread Information