FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last
    Apparently I forgot to finish the 4.5 update and never posted it ! The file is updated. There are a few deprecated warnings the console that are not urgent and I will take care of them soon.
    - Fixed pcvehicle and vehicle records
    - Fixed typo on NPC record code that caused the error

Wow. That was quick. :-) I noticed another when I'm trying to add a fitting to a newly created ship. I'll attach the screen grab.

I was trying to make a ship building video during my lunch. :-)

cepheus fitting error.jpg

OK there was another typo
    Last edited by bayne7400; March 29th, 2024 at 21:15.

I started a new campaign after updating and it looked like it updated. I'm still getting this error when adding fittings to a new ship made by the wizard. I make a new ship. doesn't matter whats in it. 400 tons,jump 1,man 5... whatever really, just takes a sec. Then I add a triple turret and that works w/o error. then I add a "missile: smart" and I get the error shown. then it seems like whatever I add gets the error. I included the chat info to see if I have the latest cfengine ruleset. (V.01.009) seems to only happen consistently when its a newly created ship. Once I started removing and adding to an existing ship the errors seemed to go away some. But then I created another new one and added a triple turret, set it to 4, then tried to add a missle rack and it threw the same error as in the screenshot. cepheus fitting error 2.jpg I can try to remove the PAK and update again but its in the vault right? So I'm not sure which one it is. they mostly have those long random names. no rush.

Ok thanks for the additional details. Let me go recreate it today and see what is going on.

He changed how tabs are created so it is causing this issue. If you click over to the action tab the error goes away because it is created in the database. Ill have to Mcgyver a work around.

OK Pharoid it is updated with a NON IDEAL solution. Hopefully Moonwizard answers my post in laboratory.

Works now. thanks! I did get an error when I linked the ship as a player ship, but then I did it again and it worked. Building the ship and adding fittings and stuff worked perfect. I'll create a new campaign and start fresh and if it throws an error when linking the ship I'll post the details here. Don't have time to do a proper test tonight. :-) I'll walk through the character wizard too once or twice. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoid View Post
    The Cepheus Engine SRD is on the Forge!

Check it out here

Thanks to VegasErik and Bayne for all your work! Great ruleset and great core rules.

Here's a brief description of the SRD's content:

Main module:
    The Cepheus SRD Rules refrence manual.
    The rules, tables, robots, psionics and more
    All the guns, armor, and items from the SRD
    All the vehicles, small craft and ships from the SRD....
    You say it's the System Reference Document, but when I go to the Forge storepage I see the front cover graphic for Moon Toad Publishing's

Cepheus Engine
    Science Fiction Role Playing Game
    Core Rules

While I'm aware MTP's publication is a reorganziation and editing of the SRD, it is still different than Samardan Presss Publication's edition - IMO superior. Does the rules book in this FGU DLC use the writing from MTP's version of the SRD, or Samardan Press Publication's version?
    Last edited by kronovan; April 7th, 2024 at 23:16.

I worked with Jason Kemp on this, who is the author the core book on the forge and invented the game. We used what he said to use. The is really nothing materially different between the online srd and the MTP published version

Thread Information